LenBuddha

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Well, I consider him a traitor for the way he treated this franchise after we gave him a chance following his suspension. We tried to reneg for weeks but he wouldn't have it. All he wanted was money, that crap he spit out today about Denver being the best situation for him is baloney. It was only about the money, Henry wanted that $8 mil, we didn't wanna give it so he decided to bail. Why did he sign with Denver? Cuz they gave him $12 Mil guaranteed... Without that, I don't think he signs... He's all about the money, the man has no loyalty or goodwill. If he gets hurt bad in Denver or gets caught smokin the joint, they'll get rid of him faster than you can say Henry, but at least he'll have his $12 million...

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

OK, so Henry's not 250, and White is more than 205, so what's your point?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not many normal parents name their kid Skip.

4. i was thinking the same thing, but i do wish players werent so greedy about getting money when they play a game for a living

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

denver being the best situation was probably correct. they make anyone a 1000 yard rusher, travis is already a 1000 yard rusher and could be a big-time player in that system. he also got his money. seems like the best situation to me.

we could have easily given him the $8.3 mil and he would have been happy with that. he wasnt the one who wanted a new deal, we were. i dont think he was expecting to get $4 mil more on the open market.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

All things equal, I think Henry would have preferred to stay here, but all things weren't equal. One thing that should also be considered is that it took Travis a little bit longer to grow up than most. He made a lot of mistakes throughout the first half of his career that cost him a lot of money. That being said, I think money was the primary motivating factor in this negotiation.

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Don't forget Mike Bell. Shanny is a big Mike Bell fan, and Bell isn't going to sit and get 4-5 carries a game. He's looking at a minimum of 150 carries whether Shanny likes it. Tatum Bell had 5 100-yard games last year, Henry 6, and yet Mike Bell still had 157 carries. Don't forget that the Broncos are also high on Andre Hall, and they still have Cedric Cobbs, whom Shanny also likes a lot. Henry better not struggle on 4-5 carries or he's being replaced... It's the truth, and that's the new Shanny. Travis will have some stiff competition. And if Travis b!tches and moans like Tatum Bell did last year, his big fat guaranteed money will get shoved right in his face... And remember, this is Jay Cutler's team now, meaning Cutler will get plenty of opps to throw downfield to guys like Walker and Marshall, plus he's got very good rapport with Tony Scheffler. Good luck Travis...

8. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Well, for good or vfor bad LenDale is going to get his shot. I hope he is working in the off-season to earn the starting spot.
    Along those same lines, how are we sitting at full back? Back when Lorenzo N. was here Eddie got all of the glory, but in fact Eddy's numbers dropped when he was let go. Maybe only after watching his success with the Chargers can we fully understand how much of an impact he had for our team.

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Ahmard Hall, who we signed as an undrafted FA last year from Texas, looked really good for his rookie year, Idk if he'll develop into a Lorenzo Neal, but few do, he's at least a solid player at the position and even had some receptions out of the backfield.

10. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

I doubt anyone has a work ethic that is superior to Ahmard Hall's. He did well last year and I think he will continue to be successful with the Titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar