Lendale White's career is probably over

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If you think under 3 yards per carry and looking scared to get hit is decent, then Lendale was decent in the preseason.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

willie parker was just cut, Denver shouldnt have much trouble finding a rb before the season starts.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Avg RBs are a numerous and available 24/7. Usually they have a flaw - like "brick fist" Gado - that keeps teams looking elsewhere.

4. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

Achilles ruptures are awful to come back from. I should know. Back in early 2001, I was playing in a pickup bball league in Washington DC where I was living at the time. I was turning 35 years old but I could still do a lot of the old tricks and leaps that I did to make me a great high school bball player and a decent college player. Then, BAM! Going up for a jump shot, my left achilles gave out and that was that. (Well, it was mostly that...the achilles was still attached by a string and I literally walked it off for three days until I sought medical treatment...talk about denial!)

I asked my physical therapist post surgery to get me back into basketball condition, which he did. Surgery was in February and therapy didn't end until December. But despite the fact that I could do many things again, nothing was ever the same again and I gave up playing in "old mens leagues" after that.

For someone like Lendale who is measured by how fast and explosive he hits a gap, an Achilles rupture is probably the worst injury you could have. If I were him, I'd rehab like hell but prepare for the rest of his life to be on the sidelines. It really sucks that much to have this injury.

And a footnote...this past January I decided (against better advice) to play in a little slow speed basketball game at the local YMCA when I was there with my wife and kids. You can see where this is going, don't you? Yup, the other foot's achilles gave way. I'm still in rehab right now.

*Sigh*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar