Let's pursue Steven Jackson...... Who's with me?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 5, 2012.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Our O-Line is not nearly as bad as every other fan keeps claiming. I watch several games a week and see the same things happening on almost every team. Our problem is we have both a average at best O-Line and a RB that stares down where he's going.
  2. JCBRAVE

3.5 + 3.5 + 3.5=more than 10. CJ's 1ypc x3=less than 10
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

No your right its Steven Jackson and his 3.5 AVG, 0 TD's, and massive contract, that's the answer.

No thanks, rather recycle dirt cheap RBs and build a respectable offensive line and use some of that money on the passing game/defense.
  4. JCBRAVE

What massive contract?
  5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

The massive contract someone is going to offer him after this season

Thank god it wont be us.
  6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

1ypc?
  7. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Special Teams Standout

Jackson's a great back and seems to be a stand up guy but he's a little long in the tooth and as many have said probably wants to play for a contender. That said I'm all for a power back that we can use with CJ. I was hoping Harper was going to be that guy. What the hell is Harper's roll on the team anyway? Does he do the post game laundry?
  8. JCBRAVE

This wont happen. Mike Tolbert signed a four-year, $8.4 million contract last year, Michael Bush signed a four-year, $14 million contract last year. These guys have more in the tank and only cost a little money, nothing huge like youre yapping about. I'd say most GM's would rather have those 2 over Jackson, so IDK why you say he's going to cost a lot of money.
  9. gofastfreeman

gofastfreeman Camp Fodder

nah pass on jackson. he is going on 30 and has a lot of miles under his hood. we would definitely be better served to get someone in the draft.

as long as we are talking about running backs I would not mind dropping CJ while we still can. CJs massive amount of carries of such a short period of time has clearly taken a toll on his body. hell he couldn't even beat KVB to the outside in the lions game. If we want smash 2.0 we might need a new dash.
  10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur