Let's talk about Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Get ready for him to wow at the combine.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd take him in the 3rd round.

I'd much rather have Ponder in the 3rd, but if he's going Colin wouldn't be bad. I haven't watched much of Colin, I know he's fast and big.. but how's his arm?

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

possibly the best arm in the draft, it's between him and Mallett. As a baseball player he throws a 95 mph fastball.

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

hopefully giggling means holy crap! and not "look at him having trouble throwing 10 yrds"

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

powerful arm is overrated, but I would not be mad if we drafted any of these QBs, from Gabbert to Dalton. Just some fresh blood will be nice. Hell, pull a Green Bay and draft two of them.

My favorite would be someone first round, then Dalton round 3 or later.

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I like this idea. Trade down in the 1st round and pick up an extra 2nd rounder.

Take one of Ponder/Locker/Kaepernick/Mallett in the second.

Then take McElroy or someone in the 5th or later

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I'd agree with this as well. There's a chance someone like Ricky Stanzi could be there in round 5 as well.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

There is zero chance he's drafted in the first round, but then again, I said that of Tebow last year :). I have a feeling he'll be the first pick of the 2nd round. We all know that the Patriots can figure out a way to turn the first pick of round 2 this year into a first rounder next year. Personally I think Belichick may take Kaepernick at the top of round 2 and develop him behind Brady.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

For those thinking we can wait until the 3rd round for this kid I seriously doubt he lasts that long and I wouldn't bet on him getting out of the 1st round. Every team that passes on a QB the first time through will probably have him high on their list. It is possible he makes it to our 2nd round pick but I kind of doubt he will.

The kid simply has too much raw ability (you can't teach arm strength and speed) and he is smart. There is a ridiculous assumption just because a QB came from a certain system that means he "can't" read defenses or take a snap from center. Rarely are those systems put in place to compensate for a QBs weaknesses (like we saw at TX for VY). I doubt Bradford played in a spread because he couldn't handle a pro set. He proved at the Senior Bowl he is coachable and all week was the one QB that stuck out.

Also Newton gets ragged for being a one year wonder. Well here is a kid that has done it for multiple years both with his arm and his legs. I'd much rather have him than Mallet or Ponder.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Exactly Kid has tons of experience which is important for a QB and completed over 60% of his passes this year. They said he adjusted well to taking snaps under center in the Senior Bowl which is a positive sign coming out of the pistol offense Nevada ran. He has the size and intangibles along with a very strong and more accurate arm than most give him credit for. He needs to add weight and adjust to the NFL but every QB needs to adjust and learn how to read NFL defenses. I would absolutely take him round 2 if he was there. The only knocks on him are his slight build, coming from the pistol offense, and his elongated release due to his lanky arms. Let him sit a year or 2 behind a veteran and I think he will be a really good player.

Would settle for Ponder or Dalton as these are the only 3 QBs I would consider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar