Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Lions May Have Interest in Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. goTitans.com A living legend.

Moolah:
    $0
    SUMMARY: Speculation is underway that the Titans may be looking to trade backup QB Billy Volek. One such team who may be intereted is the Detroit Lions who has a very unsettled QB situation with Jeff Garcia an unrestricted free agent and not expected to return and Joey Harrington, who is due a $4 million roster bonus on June 15 (and a 2006 salary of $4.45 million), an unsettled situation. Lions president Matt Millen has said the decision to keep or release Harrington will be left to the new coach. The Jets, Dolphins and Cardinals are also said to be interested in Volek.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
    • Staff / Moderator

Broken Record Biscuit Eater

Stewart
    Moolah:
    $283
    Interesting article. I believe the Lions draft 9th. If that holds true for the 3rd round (Pick #73?), that's a pretty good pick to trade for.

I shouldn't be surprised by this, but this quote from the article says alot about the Lions franchise... "the highest career rating for a Lions quarterback (with a minimum of 500 passes) is just 79.2 (Scott Mitchell, 1994-98)."
  2. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,289
    Even if we only got a 4th rounder it wouldn't be too bad. If the Lions want to give us their 3rd I'm sure Reese would take it in a second. Volek would have to be happy to get a shot as a starter as well.
  3. KobeChaz Guest

I think this is great news. We have not heard much about Billy since he played in those final games. I was a bit skeptical that we ruined his value somewhat. Hopefully not.
    • Staff / Moderator

Broken Record Biscuit Eater

Stewart
    Moolah:
    $283
    Agreed, 4th wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm thinking, though, that a 3rd round pick is a fair trade for a guy who is in the mix for starting QB. A lot of Titans fans are down on Volek right now, but this time of year has a certain way of making also rans into saviors.
    Billy's numbers from the 2004 season hopefully carry enough to create a sufficient buzz for some teams.
    • Staff / Moderator

Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    C'mon, this is Matt Millen we're talking about. We could probably get their 1st rounder... :winker:
  4. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $619
    Yeah, surely their 2nd.
  5. danny Guest

I was thinking the same thing, only a first in next year's draft along with this year's...:ha:
  6. TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I would think Volek is worth a 2 at minimum...
  7. nigel Back on the bus

Moolah:
    $0
    No way. If Floyd can get the 9th pick of the second round for Billy, he's the greatest GM in the history of football.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.