Locker in a boot for at least 3 more months

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I already thought 2013 was the Munch "Make or Break Year"

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

IMO, the league being a passing league is a bit of a misconception. Look at our wins. CJ had 25 carries for 70 yards. VS the chargers it was 25 for 90 just for CJ. 100 plus yards vs the rams,forgot how many carries. Jags both backs had 90 plus rushing yatds. Texan game CJ 27 for 127. Didnt get the raider stats and Locker tore up the Jets in a half. From what I see statistically, one team in the playoffs is lopsided pass heavy and thats the Saints. I DO believe that when you choose to throw is where the difference is. 5 of our 7 wins featured the running game, which is what we were built for to begin with. One of our downfalls was trying to be pass happy with the BACKUP QB no less. Boring or not, popular or not, we were on the right track when Jake was healthy and could have stayed on that track with Fitz, but chose not to. THAT is were the staff really failed IMO.

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

This is what I find so interesting about this article.

Because Locker's best weapon is so in danger for next year, on top of his already shaky injury history, we really don't even have "Munch's guy". We certainly can't rely on it. Like Rex Ryan, Munch would benefit greatly from drafting a new QB for insurance.

On top of that Munch would need to figure out if Fitz is better than any FA this year and try to keep or replace him.

Either way this scenario of a new QB plays out with or without Munch. At least, it's the most logical (by a long shot) scenario to play out.

4. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Wow...deja vu...those same words could have been plucked from last season. If Munch is staying on as head coach, and I have mixed feelings about that, then he needs consistent play at QB. He needed it this year and didn't get it from either from JL or Fitz. In Lockers case he isn't as effective when he plays injured, and both last year and this year the first injuries led to more serious injuries. It's his burden to prove he is durable enough to be a starting NFL QB. It's RW's job to make sure to field a consistent replacement if Locker is going to continue to be the guy. It was a bad call letting Hasselbeck go- with him under center we'd likely be in the playoff right now (we held the tie break with both San Diego and Pittsburgh). Any 2 additional wins would have put us there.

I think Gunny's right- draft a QB in the first or second round and make Jake prove he's the guy with a healthy young gun breathing down his neck.

5. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

looks like a flak jacket around the ribs like McNair used to wear

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It was, but our organization has no backbone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

no 2013 is where he make or break his 2014 make or break year

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Actually, the team has a different backbone from last year. I believe if Bud was still alive Mike would have been fired yesterday, maybe even Sunday.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Flak Jacket.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Correction... He would've been fired after the Jags game.

If Tommy does not fire Munch he is not honoring his late father-in-law's wishes. What a douche.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar