Long to be waived

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I came across this at the bottom of the "Fowler to start" article that was updated for today's paper.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070904/SPORTS01/709040350/1328/SPORTS

"Long waived: The Titans put defensive tackle Rien Long on injured reserve on Saturday, but Fisher said Long has been waived injured and the team expects to reach a settlement."

That's a shame. I liked how he looked in those few snaps of preseason play. Maybe the injury is going to take longer than expected to heal. If he could have played, he would have been ideal for our rotation.

Mahelona, you are safe...for now.

AH, Brown, Simon, Starks, Mahelona...I guess that's alright.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

When I read about Long over the weekend, I didn't understand that either since he only had a one-year deal. I would have thought he would have gone to the PUP list if they thought he could come back at any point this season.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I thought the same thing. PUP list, give him some time to heal. Come back, be depth at tackle and end, release someone else when he returns.

Haynesworth and Brown are still the only two DTs I have any real trust in right now.

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Simon wasn't terrible, but i guess it will just take time. Hopefully he can do a good job with Indy considering he's played D against them before. I like AH [when he's playing :rant:] and Brown has looked good.

Question: What ever happened to starks? :eh?: i must not have caught the story or something..

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Starks what a bum.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I wonder if Long gets a shot next year. I also wonder if a guy like Brown or maybe Simon, who can also offer an inside pass rush, will make them forget about Long.

What was his last injury?

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

His latest was a knee.
    I had hopes for Long when he was first drafted. I think he has potential, but it will never be seen due to injuries. Too bad, just rotten luck for him.
    OR perhaps we can blame the Titans conditioning coach and trainers???

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The long and the short of it is....pretty short.

9. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I figured they would keep him for next year. I guess they didn't see him close to original form...

10. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Thats sad, I really spected this guy to step up and be important for us this season.

Hope he gets a new chance (in a different division team)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar