Look at our O players.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I was looking at this season's NFL stats and some of my old posts here and I've got a few observations, most of them obvious.

QB:
    Collins 55% completion, 6 Tds, 8 Ints, 65 Rating. 216 Attempts. 1225 Yards passing, 15 rushing.
    VYoung 61% completion, 7 Tds, 3 Ints, 90 Rating. 183 Attempts. 1383 Yards passing, 219 rushing.

Everyone knows who I favor, but I do hope Kerry sticks around for one more season as a backup. I'd also like to see us draft a latter round QB to try and groom as a long term backup that would master the Tennessee system.

RB:
    Johnson 1600 yards rushing, 400 yards ahead of the next rb on the season.
    LW 221 yards.

CJ has a 6.0 average to LW 3.5. I like Lendale and find some of his actions/comments really funny. Clearly at this point he is only a luxury that likely won't be around next season, since we drafted the next Barry Sanders in CJ.

Before the season, I wanted more of a RBBC with Lendale getting more carries as a "wear em out" offense. Clearly running with one of the best RBs in football full time is the better option. I still worry that CJ is about to break 300 carries on the season with 2 games to go.

WR:
    CJ 42 receptions, 391 yards.
    Britt 38 receptions, 642 yards.
    Bo Scaife 38 receptions, 386 yards.
    Nate Washington 36 receptions, 415 yards.
    Crumpler 27 receptions, 222 yards.

Glad to see we may have our next real receiver since Mason imo. This is a great rookie season for Britt, appears to be a great young selection for our future. Although I always touted Desean Jackson during CJ's draft... and still liked some of the other receivers that haven't done well, it's good to see that a WR draft selection for us will work out.

Onto TEs. I still do not understand Scaife. He must want a monster amount of money, because he's a good TE in this league. Every year he is putting up near or more than 500 yards. We invested major picks in Stevens and Cook and I do not understand the obsession with TEs. Crumpler has the 5th most catches, so he's contributed this season although not as much. I'll admit I do not pay close attention to the blocking so I won't comment further on that. I know Stevens has done well on special teams but damn, a 3rd round pick on a special teams player when our CB depth sucked!?!?

I'm sure Cook and maybe Stevens are the future at the position, but I don't understand why we don't want to commit more to Scaife longterm at the position and worry about other roster spots with our draft picks.

I'm excited for a future featuring Vince, CJ, Britt, and many of our O-linemen.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

...and we haven't even tried to get Jared Cook in to action. Which baffles my mind. Dude shows he's the best TE we've got in very limited opportunities, yet Fish would rather have him on the sidelines.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You want us to keep Kerry until we find our Jim Sorgi?

I like what you said, but we don't want C.J. to be the next Barry Sanders. That man went to waste in Detroit.

I wanted DeSean too until I saw C.J. in action.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

well...

I like Collins, but he's being paid way too much money to be a backup and I think Collins doesn't want to hold a clipboard next season while VY starts. I'd hope he retires or I'd cut him so he can go to another team and fight for a starting spot. The money we save in his salary can go towards signing a dominant CB or pass rusher! They should sign a vet backup who's cheap and draft a guy late to develop into our Jim Sorgi.

They should have traded Lendale for a 3rd rnd pick or something along those lines. We are wasting him as a commodity. Now we have to hope when he becomes a RFA, someone either signs him giving us a draft pick or we can work out a deal to get a pick that works for both sides if they tender him at a 1st or 2nd rnd pick level. Same with Scaife.

I still believe we could have gotten BOTH CJ and Desean Jackson as Jackson dropped to the mid-late portion of rnd 2. Why we didn't trade up to get him is beyond me! But I am extremely pleased at how well CJ has worked out. How great would that draft have been if we did trade up and gotten Jackson...WOW!

The Titans seem to be in love with drafting TE's. While it's clear Crumpler's gone after this season, it makes NO sense to have Scaife sign a one year tender, spend a 2nd rnd pick on Cook and relegate both Stevens and Cook to the bench for the season. Sure Stevens and Cook can tutor under them and slide right in next season, but it's a poor use of our valueable resources. we are 4 deep at a position that doesn't even need to be on the field while we were really 1 deep at CB and need a new starter next season.

The future IS bright...but only if the D gets a major upgrading instead of replacing good parts with cheaper good parts! I don't want to see CJ's efforts wasted because management is too dumb or cheap to get the D back to championship level!

Gut

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Assuming there is no salary cap next season, then keeping KFC would be no problem. I do agree, Collins probably won't want to remain here as a backup. But for a one season backup, couldn't do much better.

I really hope we try this.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but especially this last paragraph! We've got to add some cornerbacks and some pressure on the D-line. And I don't want us to replace Tulloch or Bulluck or anyone else that has played well for us on defense; we need new blood and keep the talent that we already have.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

While technically it's not a problem if there's no cap, the Titans don't have a bag of unlimited money like the NY Yankees. If they are spending 8mil on Collins to ride the bench, they are not gonna go spend huge on someone who could be starting and make a huge difference for us. Would you rather have Collins at 8.5mil or Julius Peppers at $15mil? Plus, Collins doesn't want to ride the bench, he only came back to start. Since he WON'T be starting next year, I think he'll retire or asked to be released so he can play for someone else. Would be even better if the Titans could trade him for a latter rnd pick...but that won't happen.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar