Looking for Home Theater/Audio Advice

Discussion in 'Gear' started by PickledMidget, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Thanks! I will check those out.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

or if you want , I have a nice MTX sub collecting dust since I installed my Kef system , it's PLENTY loud

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

And don't forget to look at the SVS subs. I purchased one of their cylinders back before they started making the standard box subs and I have never regretted it. A sub is good when you feel it....not when you hear it. It will turn the pictures on your wall :ha:

SVS Subwoofers

And just for fun....check this out:

My Sub vs Your Sub

4. PickledMidget

5. Laserjock

Velodyne makes good subs. You can also go here and read additional user reviews, etc.

AVS Subwoofer Forum

6. PickledMidget

Bought the Velodyne Sub.

Now I have a stupid question.....

The LFE cable that runs from the Receiver to the sub....is that just a digital coax? I need to buy one. Any advice on how pricey I should go and where to buy would be great.

Thanks for all the advice.

7. Laserjock

Yes, a subwoofer cable is basically the same as digital coax.

I would highly recommend Monoprice for your cable needs. They have amazing prices and the build quality of the cables are fantastic. I have bought all my HDMI cables from them and they are great.

Monoprice Subwoofer Cables

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

standard RCA singles will work for Sub (Pre-Out) to Sub (Line In)
    I'm not sure it's necessity to use 'digital coax' cabling

9. Laserjock

Actually, the benefit that good, digital coax provides is in protection from EMI interference. Standard RCA cables are poorly insulated. A decent digital coax cable would have one to two dense braided shields that would prevent hum from nearby power cords or other 60 cycle sources. Unless you are pretty diligent in your cord management, most people have a hard time preventing longer runs like you can have for subwoofers from power cords leading from components, TVs or even your power strip or power center.

Monoprice sells really high quality cables for a fraction of what you will buy at any B&M store...and definitely cheaper than the rip off Monster cables.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, good idea
    60cycle hum sure would be noticeable in a sub .. :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar