Looking to move from Verizon

Discussion in 'Gear' started by TitanJeff, Oct 15, 2012.

1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I just checked out Cricket.

iPhone 5 and their 1 GB data plan (why they call it unlimited is beyond me) is $716.00 with a monthly of $51 per phone.

I'm missing the value because, as far as I can tell, I can get the same phone with VW and get the same plan for $90 a month. Each phone is $40 ea. and we share the 1 GB for $50. However, the phone is just $199.

Over a 2-year period for my family of four:
    Cricket: $7,556
    VW: $5,836

I am not willing to spend either amount. I pay right at $150 a month now for four regular phones.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Starter

Or you could get a galaxy s3 for fifty bucks from Verizon.

Rumor has it, they will be free once the s4 comes out soon.

And it is a better phone than the iPhone anyway. And have em explain apple care to you. Biggest scam around.
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

I think I got the HTC One SV for 300...

That + 60 buck phone bill = 1,020 a year.

If I did the same with vzw, I'd easily eclipse 2,000 just myself. That's with limited data... and having to pay for mp3s... so bump that up to about 3k a year.

Maybe with a family plan it could come out to your favor with vzw though.

... but then again, if we're talking "value"- iPhone wouldn't be in the equation.
  4. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

I live in Memphis and i've been with the same cell phone company since 2000 they were Cellular South the first eleven years and then they changed the name to C-Spire.From the very beginning i have had three way calling/unlimited minutes/roaming and my bill has always been around 60 dollars a month also.I've always had nokia phones and i only use the phone for talking so i don't have anything like internet or anything special on the phone itself.
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I got a free iPhone 4S yesterday.

I've had the 4 since it came out for Verizon in February of 2011... and I still have it - I'll just use it as an iPod now.

I wanted the Galaxy S4, but it was going to cost me $200 even with the upgrade price. Oh well... iPhone does everything I need it to do anyways.
  6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Starter

Should have just gotten the s3. Negligible difference between 3 and 4. I got mine for fifty before the 4 came out. Think they are free now. Abd the 3 blows I phone 5, let alone 4s, away. 4g is soooo much faster.
  7. RavensShallBurn

Pretty sure the S3 was still $50 or $100. I'll take the free phone any day.

iPhone 4S has 4G... just not on Verizon - which is stupid.
  8. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Can you sell the iPhone?
  9. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

ppsshh smart phones. Give me a break, real gangsters like me and Titans Eternal keep it old school

[​IMG]
  10. RavensShallBurn

Sure... but not for much.

My old iPhone has become my new iPod which is what I've been wanting for a while anyways. I was rocking a video iPod with a bulky Griffin Road Trip device for the past 7-8 years.