Looks like we might get Abraham.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TouchdownTitans, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What us Titan fans need is for Richard Seymour to sign with Atlanta, that'd take care of Abraham for us, maybe then he'd get the message he's not worth the big pay day.

2. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

agreed, he's better than any DE on the roster right now

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

As of last year he was.

Remember when we signed Hutchinson? He had like a pro bowl year the year before then came to the titans and was decent. I wouldn't put all our eggs in the Abraham basket. Mentally he is barely into it. There are rumors of his retirement. Physically, hes getting old. Combine that with him having to gel with a new team, learn new systems and we have another decent DE.

I just wouldn't get my hopes up guys.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay hold up let's not kid ourselves about Hutchinson a couple years ago, he made the pro bowl on name alone. He definitely regressed before he came here. Abraham is coming off like 10 sacks and 6 forced fumbles. Now yeah down the stretch he didn't play very well but that's why he would come here as a rotation player, to preserve him for a whole season (and playoffs).

And if we sign Freeney too then even better, we'll always have fresh pass rushers in.

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I am too greedy to just want a fraction of that production. I want the dang thing.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My biggest fear signing Abraham is Steve Hutchinson. He was an old guy we signed thinking he'd come in and live up to his contract, Hutch SUCKED last year, kinda worried that same thing will happen with Abraham. Cause honestly last year I'm thinking Hutch comes in and delivers, and as we know, he did not.

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Right exactly. I'm not buying the superbowl tickets just yet is all I'm saying.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think we promised Hutch Peyton Manning and it didn't pan out. He might have felt slighted.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If his heart is not in it and he is not going to give his very best then no i wouldn't want him coming here either.We are trying to bring in players who play very physical and lead by example.You can tell Webster is signing players who are going to be mentally and physically tough as nails.Already most of the players who were here under Fisher are disappearing as they are revamping most of the roster.Its been said the game is won in the trenches and they have done their best to make the offensive line one of the best in the league.Locker now has plenty of weapons.There has also been some good talent added on defense such as Pollard and Hill.The only thing we really need now is a really good pass rusher on the end and hopefully it will be someone ready to come in and take care of business getting after the QB.

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think everyone is reading too much into this heart not in it thing. He is disappointed no one is offering big time dough. At 35, no one will either. 1 year contract for 3 mil is what I am guessing. Take me twenty years to make that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar