M. Hoge on espnews...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Yapper, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's what seperated him from the other top qbs

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

OK here's my take on this. VY is having a really, really good rookie season, if you look it up he is doing fine stats wise for a rookie. His competion % is slightly over 50%, good for a rookie, by comparison McNair third season was 52% so I'll take it. I know I don't have stats to back it up but how many drops has VY had this season by his WR corps, I would guess 2-3 per game, heck B. Jones had two this last weekend by himself. If you take those out his completion % goes up to 54-56%. JUST LET VY BE VY!

3. i agree, and b jones could be an awesome WR with his speed if he would get better at hanging onto that dang ball

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The coaches want him to run!

He was told to run more!

He is out there to win games not make merrill hodge change his mind. Vince is not going to be a great passer as a rookie but he can and has won games with his legs.

In our 5 victories his average passing rating is 84. Nothing bad about that at all. It's not like we are winning games despite his passing. Simply not true!

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

6. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

One of the reasons he ran so much against the Colts on 3rd down is that their defense just gave that to him and he took advantage. They continuously sent their DE's screaming upfield and dropped coverage behind the first down marker allowing Vince to escape underneath the DE's and get the first down. They tried to throw a spy in there, but the spy was wholly ineffective in stopping Vince from getting those first downs. If Indy learns to have its DE's play a little more contain instead of all out pass rush against Vince, he may have a harder time running. On the other hand, that will give him more time to throw and for guys to get open downfield. Thus the dilemma that a dual-threat QB can put on a defense.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

So VY isn't a great passer yet. Surprise surprise. I don't exactly see Leinart and Cutler lighting the league on fire either. The difference is VY is winning even while he's learning. They're not.

Also, drops have been a HUGE problem this season. People tend to think a few drops just equals a few incompletions, but that isn't true. A drop can be the difference in the end of a drive and continuing a drive that might end up in a TD. Also, that drop on the long bomb by Brandon Jones was atrocious. He tried to hot-dog one hand it when it was unnecessary (just like his other drop). It ended up bouncing off his hand and into the defender's hands. That interception is on Jones. If Jones uses two hands and pulls it in, VY has 3 TD's and 1 INT with 200+ yards. Not to mention when Jones got scared on the slant and let the ball hit the ground. He is really not impressing me this year.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Jones was lucky to get one hand on it as it was obviously thrown too high, like several of his passes Sunday. Then he got Jones killed in the middle of the field with another high pass. No wonder he is gunshy. At some point you have to stop making excuses for Vince and realize his passing mechanics leave something to be desired. Leinhart is starting to have a pretty good season actually, and Cutler has only played one game.

9. If Vince running ends up winning 3 super bowls for us I DON'T CARE IF HE IS A RUNNING QB!!! you play to win the game!!!!! Or you can choose a pocket passer like Manning or Marino that had great careers and the statistic book but never had a Lombardi trophy in their hands. VY has not winning anything yet but this team is in the right direction and the future is bright, who cares if we have that type of QB but he has guts, leadership and a willing to win ball games for us. VY is contagious, he is a winner!!!

10. abt1967

abt1967 Guest

Did you really have to ask that question with the receivers on the team?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar