Mahelona Seeing Improvement From Rookie Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Second-year DT Jesse Mahelona is feeling more comfortable on the field so far this season. "I'm finally getting a feel with the coaches, the system, the players – everything," Mahelona said. "That alone has allowed me to become better from last year." Mahelona said his production dropped during the course of his rookie season and he's worked with DL coach Jim Washburn to improve his technique. "The biggest thing was pass rush," Mahelona said. "Someone who can rush the passer is very important to the team, so everything I did to get better can be shown on the field."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Jesse was pretty good in tn, i hope he steps up and bring that to the titans this year, we need him to get all the help we can on the "D" line..

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I think there will be lots of improvement over last yr. He will be a good/dependable DT over the yrs

4. OneYardShort

OneYardShort Camp Fodder

Well that is a bit redundant, of course he will get better. Now the question is, is he better to knock off Starks or even Long? Now being a bit of a homer, I have to say that I loved the way he played at UT. With that out of the way, I can see, AT BEST, maybe him playing on third downs, if he has improved his pass rushing. At the end of the day though, I don't see him adding too much, but depth to our team. I'll give him this, he does have the worse tats on the team, so there's something.

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I still see big Jessie as a run stopper with his big body. If he has improved his rush skills thats all the better.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Disclaimer: Since there is little in the way of Titans news between now and camp besides rookie signings (and possibly a contract for Fisher), this is the type of news we'll get. Understand the purpose is to make you feel all warm and fuzzy about a player and that there is little real content.

But it's better than asking me what I take on my hamburger. :yes:

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

yummmm... warm, fuzzy hamburgers

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

9. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

I believe that's Lenwhale quote!!:))

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Not, "Mahelona Thinks he's Peaked, and has Nothing More to Learn"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar