Make Harper FB, cut Q. Johnson and Mooney, give RB Reynaud roster spot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Grant it that is not saying much as I think both of them are out of the league if we cut them

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Yea he's deffinately better than ringer in the fact that he is an awesome KR/PR along with being an RB. I stil like Harper though with his size and strength...with more reg season reps I think he'll do what Lendale did for us in our 13-3 season.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why do you think he is an awesome return man? We have had dud players who returned a kick or a punt the distance in preseason before. Remember Chris Davis the waste of a 4th rd pick? He had a punt return for a TD in a preseason game. Was he "awesome"?

Why are people coming to such conclusions based on a couple of plays vs third stringers?

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

cept we didn't spend a draft pick to acquire Reynauld...

I see nothing wasted having him, only upside.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure the Chris Davis comparison is valid since Raynaud has had multiple long plays from scrimmage and long returns so far in the pre-season. He might not be the stud some people are projecting but he certainly is valuable enough to retain on the roster. Not sure how anybody could do more to earn a spot than he has done unless he fumbles the ball in practice or something we don't know about. Even on some of his shorter runs he has shown real nice lateral quickness. On one play a guy met him in the hole and he side stepped him to get some nice yardage. I also like how he sets up his returns. You can see he has natural instincts as a returner.

Reynaud IMO has been mis-cast as a WR. He isn't big but at 5'9, 201 he isn't tiny either. Maybe his best role in the NFL is as a Sproles like RB.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I like the Sproles comparison except Reynaud isn't as polished a runner as Sproles. I see him as the utility guy that is a threat and has to be watched when he is on the field.

7. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Dont forget Reynaud isnt just a preseason star. Watch his returns with the vikings. He plays the same in real games.

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I just do not see harper run hard and use his size. He is a big man that runs from contact. Lendale would hit it up in there. Harper tries to bounce it outside. But I am fine with them keeping him but one of them needs to and we can use reynaud. Imagine locker in the shot gun with CJ and reynaud on each side and the screen game we could use in that package!

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Reynaud definitely has to make the team

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Everything has been falling into place so far just the way we need 'em to.Addition by subtraction as Amano,McRath,Smith are let go or done for the year so better players can step up.Its time to make room for a roster spot for Reynaud and if Ringer has to go to make that happen so be it.Letting go all the dead weight so real talent can step up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar