Make your own 2012 Draft Scenarios

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Two Kings, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Ok let's do some scenarios per source

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012DT.php

At pick 20 The following are available:

Whitney Mercilus DE
    Upshaw DE
    Nick Perry DE

Fletcher Cox DT
    Michael Brockers DT
    Devon Still DE/DT

Morris Clairborne CB
    Janoris Jankins CB
    Dre Kirpatrick CB

Mark Baron SS

Konz C

Zach Brown OLB

Who do you pick? Don't worry about "well they won't be available". Pretend they are. Who do we pick?

Feel free to spin it and make you own scenarios.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think we go with Devon Still...I think Wembley and Morgan are expected to hold down the DE slots, we need a big, aggressive DT that can eat up double teams.

We WILL NOT draft a S at #20, I seriously doubt we take any position on the O-line at #20, either. CB is a possibility but I doubt it.

3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Agree but prefer Brockers.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2uZ-b0GgEQ"]Alabama vs. Penn St. Video: Watch Devon Still Blow Up Trent Richardson in the Backfield - YouTube[/ame]

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I love the idea more and more to take someone like Still, Brockers, or Cox.

I think we go DT too.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I like what I've seen of Brockers but I am SO apprehensive to take a D-lineman from LSU.

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Why is that?

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think that Kendall Reyes and Devon Still are better prospects than Brockers.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

If we get a solid DT that can plug those gaps I think it will act similar to how a Center for us kills multiple birds with one stone.

A DE is great, but a great DT who can plug holes makes us better at stopping the run, he can also free up space for DEs to pass rush and as we all saw with Al, can make our Secondary look that much better.

But where is Rocker taking our D? Does someone like Brockers fit? Still? Reyes?

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Well Klug is a great as an exploive rotation player but he's too small to be an every down DT.

Casey is our best DT.

Smith was useless. Out of shape loudmouth.
    Marks. He showed signs of life in the last 4-6 games but has been otherwise invisible since we drafted him.

A 4-3 Defense lives or dies by its strength at DT. I really think DT is a bigger need than DE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar