Mariota Performance Wasn't That Great...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cozmicfool, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Mariota's release just looked faster than every other QB right now. I don't think it's overstating it to say it was young Dan Marino like. As I heard one analyst say yesterday, "anyone who actually watched that game knows that Marcus Mariota is a special QB at the NFL level. It's obvious watching him throw the ball."

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Short, quick passes with lots of YAC. That's exactly how Tom Brady operates. Tom only beats a defense with the deep ball a few times a game.

Some people just want to critique anything. That gameplan also helps our weak offensive line. As long as we keep running the ball, those short passes will be there.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Exactly. The goal here is to take advantage of what the defense gives and Mariota executed it well. Now, teams know they will have to defend the short slants which will open up deeper routes. We'll know soon enough if Mariota can adjust and be successful in that scenario too.

Brady clearly has that ability. He feasts on the short stuff and, when defenses adjust to defend it, can hit the longer pass. That is what makes him one of the best to ever play the game.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I've been saying for years that PFF is full of ****, and this isn't making me change my opinion.

Garbage website.

My favorite quote:

'He also came pretty close to throwing an interception early in the game'

A rookie, in his debut, on a road game:rolleyes:

Guy is just some amateur hoping he can come back next week and say I told you so.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

On titansonline, one analyst said he compares him to a cross to Elway (quick feet) and Marino (quick release).

6. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Well that and the fact his organization routinely know 70% of the opposing teams plays....lol #SpyGate

jk...

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yes. Exactly right! The cool thing about this though, is the we actually have a part of our offense that the opposing defense has to key in on.

The past few years it seemed as though every game was something different and we just lucked our way into wins.

We haven't had an offensive identity in a while, Sunday was a good building block. Now let's stick to yhat gameplan until teams start making us adjust.

If Marcus can beat teams with the deep ball though... Man we will actually have a scary offense!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

A guy of Mariota's pedigree will continue making it look easy for a few more weeks, there's only 3 quarters of film on the kid, defensive coordinators typically craft a game plan from 4 full games of action. That early bye comes at an ideal time to install more stuff to stay 1-step ahead of everyone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

8 was very accurate.

when Gayton/Brady/Farve/Rogers/ect make that same throw nobody says they were lucky.

will know in a few days if it was a fluke or not

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

#20 JCBRAVE, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar