Mariota Strains Hamstring (Update: a go for MNF)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Why is that a bad thing exactly???

Go defense rounds 1/2 them grab a QB and OG in rounds 3/4. That would be a great off-season

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Great year to draft a developmental QB
    Baker Mayfield
    Mason Rudolph
    Clayton Thorson (my sleeper for the year at QB)
    Luke Falk

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I've always been under the opinion that teams should be draft a mid/late round QB every two years.

4. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Have this feeling with them stashing Tanney away on IR, he's our back-up QB going forward. Hopefully JRob is smart enough to grab a guy in the draft, and not an UDFA who didn't start in college.

5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

i don't think he is, tanney looked BAD during pre-season

6. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Makes little sense to put Tanney on IR and just not outright cut him if he's not in future plans.

7. VondyP

he gets paid and gets top treatment. he did us a favor last year by not signing with the browns when they wanted him, i'm sure jrob has no problem repaying the favor

also he's too old for the practice squad so he likely would have been scooped by someone else otherwise

8. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Yet again if he's not in the future plans, why would they care if he got scooped or not.

9. VondyP

because otherwise we have WEEDEN... lol

i think it's safe to assume tanney will not be back next year. maybe in camp but he wont make the roster

#79 VondyP, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Definitely agree with getting a backup QB in the mid rounds. A vet behind a rookie or second year QB, sure I get it. But with Mariota going into his 4th season, the vet prescience is no longer required and I'd rather have a rookie who will actually develop when filling in for the injured starter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar