Mariota, The Savior

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 8and8, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

No way I could have watched another week with Mett back there....

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was in the same boat, I was seriously planning on my weekends not involving the Titans anymore.

Then we fired Whiz and Mariota was back and so was I. If we can hang on another week Im going to have to cancel my paintballing trip. I would rather be shot at than watch another game staring Mett..

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

difference between watching this team with Mett vs Mariota is enormous ... Man it would have sucked if we pulled the trigger on a trade and were stuck watching Mett lose games week after week, still struggling with the same issues.

MM shows how having a real QB can transform a team.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

MM8's first pick of the season was a hit on Delanie that popped the ball up in the air and caught by a defender and noted as an INT

Delanie's first TD yesterday was the bobbled INT that popped up in the air and he caught and ran back for a TD

It all evened out at the end.....

5. Thaddeus43

In 8 starts, Mett has thrown for 9 TDs

In 6 starts, MM has thrown for 13 TDs

Through Metts 1st 6 starts ... 1412 yards, 8TDs, 7 ints, 0 wins

Through MM 1st 6 starts ... 1610 yards, 13 TDs, 5 ints, 2 wins

(also keep in mind most of Metts stats came in blowout overtime losses)

• Boring Boring x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

We weren't going to ever do that I dont think.

At first I was all "yea lets get Mett help, Mariota cant hang in the pros". Then I watched all his film and boy was I surprised. I saw an already ready NFL QB playing in college and not just playing but dominating like no one before him ever has.

I say it all the time; if you just watched Mariota in college you would never have picked Mett over Mariota... Its night and day watching them.

Mett does not know what "open" looks like, Mariota does...

7. Thaddeus43

Yep, I was in the exact same boat as you.

1st of all, I think that I just had put hope in Mett last year since it represented the end of the Locker era, AND you always have that hope that your team stubbled upon the next Tom Brady. During the Titans season, I was on the LW bandwagon.

AFTER the season ended, I started reading up on and watching MM at Oregon ... Fell in love with his play. By the time the Titans were on the clock, I was 100% on the MM bandwagon.

Also, after the season and the emotions died down, I could take a better unobjective look at Mett ... Really came away unimpressed when I did that.

People bought WAY too much into the media narrative that "spread QBs can't make the transition" and "MM is a running QB" and "MM is a project'

When watching MM in college, sure he runs, but he is not a "running QB' ... Sure he plays in the spread, but he doesn't look like a project in the least ... Add on the fact that he is supposedly very smart, no way I would turn him down.

8. JCBRAVE

that whole "he cant play under Center" stuff was hilarious to me. QB's hardily play under center anymore anyways, and what kind of idiot cant squat down and back up 5 steps...? I mean were people seriously trying to use that as a reason why NOT to pick MM?

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Apologies if this was already covered in this long thread.

Mariota has 13 passing touchdowns in 6 games, which is more than Vince Young or Jake Locker ever had in a season.

#39 TorontoTitanFan, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 2
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

It should be an award form Most Improved Players (MIP).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar