McBride is next man up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HonoluluYogi, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerTitanFan

KillerTitanFan Starter

Ugh. People bitched about DGB work ethic, but it would be nice to see if he could have stepped up now with Johnson gone, since Sharpe and Wright (surprise!) are playing decent.

2. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

At the time, we had no viable option for a b/u T. Kelly was available for a price, and we paid it. Green-Beckham was of lesser value. Mularkey was smart in giving him extensive PT after he took over last season. He knew going into this season what he had; a gifted athlete below the ears... Could he develop? Of course, but we had more immediate needs...

3. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

With us making playoff push, I would've thought Douglas but hey, hope Tre represents.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm completely OK with this. Young legs, better burst. He'll get out of his breaks better than Douglas. I don't think he'll be top end great, but I'm betting he makes a difference (sig contribution or big plays) in at least two of the remaining games.

I'm also betting we see more of Fowler if DH getting more carries.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'd say that time on the PS might of been exactly what McBride needed, some humble pie. He might come out and blow away our expectations. My only concern is that he was running the opposition plays on the PS, not our plays so how far behind is he?

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

As much as I'd love to see McBride do well and contribute to this team, but I don't see that happening with him being inactive.

Look forward to Harry Douglas' one screen pass for 4-6 yards every other week though.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I feel better and better about that trade every time I see him drop a pass, which is often

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I don't know he did it, but he tore up the combine. I'm surprised it took him this long to get on the field. He looks to understand route running and obviously has great hands. It looks like his game speed was questioned because of the competition (though it appeared many teams sat on his routes, rather than mirroring them), but I wouldn't bet against him.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Well since the opposition throws all over us, maybe he learned something and he's ahead in his development now.
    :)

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar