McNair to retire

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

"According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Ravens quarterback Steve McNair has informed the team that he will retire. He told coach John Harbaugh and G.M. Ozzie Newsome of his decision last night.

The Ravens have since issued a release announcing the move, and scheduling a press conference for 1:00 p.m. EDT on Thursday."

Link

I think it's safe to say he will be remembered for his years on the Titans.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

That sucks. I really love Steve. He did so much for the Titans and I hate how we threw him aside the way we did.

3. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Yes! He needed to have done this before last year. I can understand why he didn't, considering the Ravents went 13-3 the previous year, but you could tell he just didn't have it anymore.

McNair is my all time favorite player. I just loved watching him play. Let's hope that he signs a one day deal with the Titans and they give him the type of pomp and circumstance that he deserves.

4. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Former Titans quarterback Steve McNair will announce his retirement on Thursday at a noon press conference in Baltimore. McNair played his past two season with the Baltimore Ravens but played from 1995 to 2005 with the Oilers/Titans. He had his best season with the Titans in 2003 when he was named NFL co-MVP. He'll end his career with over 31,000 yards passing with 174 TDs. His career passer rating is 82.8. Former Titans Derrick Mason and Samari Rolle will today's press conference with McNair.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

The Ravens would have to release him for that to happen. Besides, once he's announced his retirement, no one would show up to a press conference where he announced it again. He'll be remembered as a Titan, but unfortunately he's going out as a Raven.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

My most memorable moments:

1. The scramble and throw vs. the Rams, where he escaped the pocket twice, to the sideline, had the two Rams draped all over him, threw them too the ground, and completed the throw to the 10 yard line with just seconds remaining. Probably the greatest play in Superbowl History that nobody will remember.

2. 2002, Coming into the Steeler playoff game with a bloody hand, telling the team he wasn't going to go down like that, and leading us down the field from inside our own ten, completing pass after pass, and winning the playoff game. Every pass was on the money.

3. Completing the pass against the Texans in the back of the end zone, to burn them in the waning seconds, and win the MVP. The Texans were in shock. McNair was a hero.

4. Lowering his shoulder on the undefeated Rams and taking it into the endzone.

5. 62 yards to Jackie Harris

6. AFC Championship at Jacksonville, he runs the ball like 60 yards to the Jaguars one.

7. Playing hurt against the NY Giants

8. 1998, Steve Runs a bootleg for like 70 yards.

9. Look on his face during the music city miracle.

10. Defeating the Ravens with the big throw to McCareins, and lowering his shoulder into Ray Lewis.

It is easy to forget that McNair gave us some of the greatest moments of our lives. All the 4th quarter comebacks gave me chills.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hope the Titans retire his jersey at halftime in the MNF game vs. the Colts.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

That was just business. If Mac didn't go we wouldn't have drafted VY. Also, Mac was equally to blame because he didn't want to play for less money.

Mac was a great Titan QB but when he left he was pretty well washed up IMO. Too bad he ended up going to the Ravens which IMO tarnished his legacy with the team as it did for Mason and Rolle.

He will always be remembered for some of the most historic plays in Titan history.

9. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i can now say this because he no longer will be playing on that nasty, filthy,disgusting ravens team.. steve mcnair will go down as one of the all time greats to put on a titan uniform... its a shame that he had to go to the ravens but he still should retire as a titan... he gave his body to this organazation (just like eddie george) and for that he will always have a special place in my heart.. thank you steve mcnair for everything you have done...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar