McNair. Who? When? What. How?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

What is going to happen to McNair? Re-sign? How much? When do we have to do something? Why so quiet?
  2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I really think they were probably waiting to see how the CBA shook out. And now that its not, we are probably looking at only having him for one more year. I still dont see any situation where we release him.
  3. metal957

metal957 In"Vince"Able

We keep him one more year to mentor our new QB and then he rides off into the sunset like B-Hop this year.
  4. There is a lot of talk about McNair going to the Dolphins, I am scaring about that, I don´t want Mcnair to go to another team, is like watching your girlfriend walking away with another guy in your face.
  5. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

A one-year contract is one solution but not necessarily a very good one. McNair would cost more than $20 million against the cap in that scenario, and with no new CBA, the total cap would be about $95-million. That's not a very good recipe for a successful team.
  6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Exactly. I hope you're not making plans for January.
  7. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

HAHA I agree :lol:
    To add to that, its like being with your gf for years and not having sex, then she meets a new guy (Dolphins) and she sleeps with him (Winning Super Bowl, if the Dolphins can win!)

Steve will always be a Oiler/Titan!
  8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What for? :ha:
  9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Mac's at least going to be here this season. He might go to MIA next year, but not this one. It would be re-donk-ulous to release him. Hop is one thing, but release a QB, even on the decline, is crazy...ESPECIALLY before you draft his replacement. IMO, it doesn't make much sense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.