Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Michael Griffin finally coming around?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 7, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,718
    Did anyone else see Griffin come up and hit Lynch really hard last week?!? I was like woahhhhh wait a second...Was that really Michael Griffin. I think it's safe to say he is back.
  2. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $746
    I will always give a player his dues. Whiffin has been playing better as of late. What pisses me of is, WHY the hell did it take having a good defense for him to start playing hard? Why wasn't he standing up before Pollard got here? Why wasn't he being the spark plug with play like this? I hear he is a great person, I have seen his lackluster play, I have seen his potential. Bottom line, he will NEVER be a leader, therefor, sub par in overall rating.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  3. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $746
    Hell ya, hell of a hit. Safe to say he is back? I would like to hope so, but if Pollard goes down, do you think he will revert to the normal whiffin?
  4. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,081
    Which is a real shame. Because part of the reason he was draft was to be a leader.
    GOFIGURETITANS high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

acqua7 Starter

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $133
    What does having a leader have to do with being a good player? There are plenty of good players who aren't leaders.
    TitansWillWin2 high fives this.
  5. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,439

I think the fact that Griffin NEEDS someone like Pollard in the backfield with him warrants his lack of elite play. There isn't anything wrong with that but a 1st rounder should not need that much support because the stark difference with and without pollard is big.
  6. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,718

Also there are plenty of good leaders who are not good players!
  7. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $746
    Leaders, by nature, are better players. If they were not, the team would most likely not vote them as leaders. Whiffing was given a HUGE contract. Unspoken in that contract was, I'll bet, the expectation of leadership. Yet, like cj1yd, he sucked after his contract. You don't have to be a captain to be a leader either. You don't have to yell, coach, pump up your teammates to be a leader. Some leaders just lead by example and are otherwise quiet. He did none of the above. Just saying.

Now that the team's defense if very good, it's like he doesn't want to stick out as the sucky one so he is playing harder. Piss poor attitude on the field if you ask me.

Again, I am not dogging him personally, just professionally on the field. All I hear about him is that he is great for the community. I am happy with his performance do date this year and I want it to continue. This conversation is a bit deeper than that.
  8. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,718

Yeah b/c players sign contracts that require them to be a good leader. Dang man you're smart!
  9. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $746
    You know, I see people making calls on you that I thought were kind of harsh. Now I understand where they are coming from.

Enjoy yourself.:rolleyes:
    Two Kings high fives this.