Michael Griffin finally coming around?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Did anyone else see Griffin come up and hit Lynch really hard last week?!? I was like woahhhhh wait a second...Was that really Michael Griffin. I think it's safe to say he is back.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I will always give a player his dues. Whiffin has been playing better as of late. What pisses me of is, WHY the hell did it take having a good defense for him to start playing hard? Why wasn't he standing up before Pollard got here? Why wasn't he being the spark plug with play like this? I hear he is a great person, I have seen his lackluster play, I have seen his potential. Bottom line, he will NEVER be a leader, therefor, sub par in overall rating.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GOFIGURETITANS

Hell ya, hell of a hit. Safe to say he is back? I would like to hope so, but if Pollard goes down, do you think he will revert to the normal whiffin?

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Which is a real shame. Because part of the reason he was draft was to be a leader.

5. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

What does having a leader have to do with being a good player? There are plenty of good players who aren't leaders.

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I think the fact that Griffin NEEDS someone like Pollard in the backfield with him warrants his lack of elite play. There isn't anything wrong with that but a 1st rounder should not need that much support because the stark difference with and without pollard is big.

7. TitansWillWin2

Also there are plenty of good leaders who are not good players!

8. GOFIGURETITANS

Leaders, by nature, are better players. If they were not, the team would most likely not vote them as leaders. Whiffing was given a HUGE contract. Unspoken in that contract was, I'll bet, the expectation of leadership. Yet, like cj1yd, he sucked after his contract. You don't have to be a captain to be a leader either. You don't have to yell, coach, pump up your teammates to be a leader. Some leaders just lead by example and are otherwise quiet. He did none of the above. Just saying.

Now that the team's defense if very good, it's like he doesn't want to stick out as the sucky one so he is playing harder. Piss poor attitude on the field if you ask me.

Again, I am not dogging him personally, just professionally on the field. All I hear about him is that he is great for the community. I am happy with his performance do date this year and I want it to continue. This conversation is a bit deeper than that.

9. TitansWillWin2

Yeah b/c players sign contracts that require them to be a good leader. Dang man you're smart!

10. GOFIGURETITANS

You know, I see people making calls on you that I thought were kind of harsh. Now I understand where they are coming from.

Enjoy yourself.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar