Missing pieces of the puzzle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

an elite WR ?
    a beast DE ?
    a monster MLB ?
    secondary ?
    coaching ?
    scheming ?
    talent management ?

what do you think is (are) our missing piece(s) ?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

WR
    DE
    FS
    CB

i think we can gt away without a beast at MLB

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

is that the order you would select them in the draft ?
    would you take any particular position in FA first ?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think an elite WR is necessary, if the simple catches were not dropped life would be much much easier. Teams have won without elite WRs (Patriots, Ravens).

A beast DE never goes wrong to help out the secondary, he just can't be too much of a liability in the run.

I think Tulloch will be fine at MLB, it is a position on the field for half the time, shared with the nickel back.

With a DE i think the secondary improves, if a QB has less time to throw. Obviously it is hard to stick with a man if the QB has as much time to throw in the pocket as he wants and the WR can run where ever he wants.
    I do think Lamont needs to go, either try out Fuller or Lowry or draft a Safety early.

Get rid of Schwartz, 'nough said.

Otherwise I think we are fine.

I suppose they could pay for me to see every game, we are 2-0 when I am in attendance. :brow:

5. depends on who is available at draft time, if theres not a big time wr at our draft spot then we should go with reggie nelson, and maybe move up in the second round or something like that to get a ted ginn or someone like that

6. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Judging from what I have seen from the D this year, I see our D-line is the problem. It's hard to single one of them out. But all of them can be upgraded.

7. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I think we need:

1 backup QB.
    1 contract renewal for Travis Henry.
    1 backup center (get him ready behind Mawae).
    1 stand out WR (Draft, a player to flourish, whatever).
    1/2 DE/DT rotation guys. I think LaBoy/Odom do the job, but if one is injured. We need bigger guys to stuff the run and that can go in the rotation. Maybe a stud DT.
    1 Tulluch in the middle to replace Sirmon.
    1 LaMont Thompson in a backup role and someone else starting.
    1 2005-edition of Reynaldo Hill, I don't like 2006-edition.

8. SuperTitan

SuperTitan Camp Fodder

The D-line will improve with a bigger(?), stronger(?) and more physical(?) Long returning next year.

I would go after a DE in free agency. However, if the DT from Mich is available when we pick, I would get him and put him beside AH from day one.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no order, just typed them as they came to me

10. offense will be fine when we get that big WR that weve been missing forever, then go straight to our defense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar