Mistakes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Yeah it was a day full of bonehead mistakes.

A. Harper how are you still on the field?

B. Brown, that may have been the dumbest personal foul I've ever seen.

C. Nate help VY out man, quit acting like Drew Bennett out there.

D. Tackling, Tackling, Tackling ...

2. Nine

Nine Starter

The Colts played a very strong game across the board.

The Titans consistently shot themselves in the foot will big mistakes and blown opportunities throughout the entire game....and this includes the coaching staff, as well.

Good teams don't make those mistakes...which is exactly what makes the Colts so good. It's not that they overpower opponents week in and week out or blow teams out by 30+ points each week. They just do an unbelievably good job of avoiding mistakes. They play an incredibly consistent brand of football, and capitalize on the opposing team's mistakes.

Until the Titans can figure out a way to avoid those mistakes, they are the lesser team.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Agreed.

I guess the biggest mistake I put on the coaches is deciding to play Nick Harper once again, or not keeping Hood active in case.

The decisions to go for it on 4ths showed faith in the offense, I thought, a la Belicheck. However, the thing that bothered me at the 1 prior to the timeout: something looked wrong with CJ at the moment. I immediately thought he should have been pulled and LenDale should have vultured the TD. I thought that was a huge blunder myself. I thought it when it happened. LenDale had a great YPC yesterday. He got great yards every snap he took. That was the worst coaching call of the game, IMO.

Ironic we should have taken the FGs when we could have. The onside kick was pretty brilliant, but it didn't matter at that point. Gracious the Colts let it appear to be as close as it was.

Tony Brown's was the worst penalty I've seen in some time. I couldn't believe that 3 Stooges schtick he pulled. I guess he thought he was pushed, but to just keep on and on...it was completely selfish. I lost a lot of respect for him in a critical game yesterday. He's made dumb penalties before, but that really took the cake, and he wouldn't let it go, either. Is he trying to fill in for Haynesworth or something? Liability. I'd let him go if it wouldn't be so hard to replace him.

Titans have to stop playing scared of the Colts. Pretty decent game overall, I have to say. We had our chances. Couldn't capitalize. The usual story. Makes me realize how much we need to shore up our secondary, particularly corner. Even one weak point such as Harper can be severely exploited. He's the new LT, and by that, I mean Lamont Thompson.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

It was 2-2 before yesterday. It'll be 3-3 after the first matchup next year. Anyone else play him that well consistently aside from Brady and Roethlesberger? Didn't think so.

5. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I have always liked Peyton since I followed his story all way through his UT days but he didn't have a lot of success when he first started with Indy. It took a while to build a team around him and just a few years back he was hailed as the QB that chocked in the big games.

Omahacolt, don't you have some homeless people in your area you can go and taunt?
    We can handle our loss without a cheering section.

6. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Personally I only tolerated and rooted for Peyton while Tony D. was their head coach. (one of the most awesome high class guys/coaches who graced the gridiron sideline)

After he left I brushed off Peyton for the whiny punk he really is.

He's prolly the best QB to grace the field; but that doesn't take care of his 'tude .

At the danger of going extremely off topic; its the same reason I find it hard to go against UT even though I loathe their fans. Mack Brown is one of the most awesome caring coaches I've ever seen and makes it hard to dislike their football team. ;p

7. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

like i would talk to a homeless person

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar