Mooney headed for surgery this week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans fullback Collin Mooney was placed on Injured Reserve on Tuesday. He’s headed for surgery later this week.

Mooney said his hamstring tore off the bone in the knee area after being hit against the Colts. All the ligaments are in place, but he’ll need to get the area “stitched up,” he said.

“I am still frustrated. I want to help the team as much as possible and I can’t do that from the training room,’’ Mooney said. “I hate that I can’t contribute, but I’ll keep working.”

The Titans signed fullback Quinn Johnson to take Mooney’s spot on the roster. It’s his third stint with the team.

“I just have to get back to work,’’ Johnson said. “I’m ready to go.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Real classy for the stupid POS Colts fans to boo him...

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Sucks for him.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

There had to have been something else they were booing. It made no sense... unless they thought he took a knee to take a timeout? But he was clearly hurting badly out there.

I know we like to hate on Indy fans because they're in our division. But I don't think they're like that.

Houston, on the other hand...

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah they are like that.

they used too boo poor Haynesworth every time he would 'Shamoo' around the field killing the clock for a play off

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, but there was legitimate cause to boo Haynesworth... because he was fat and lazy.

Mooney, on the other hand, was clearly hurt.

There had to be some other factor. Just sayin'.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Mooney was taking forever to get off the field and as soon the coaches told him to go down, the crowd went nuts and booed again when he went got up...

I guess they thought he was faking, but it was pretty clear that he wasn't.

Of course, they didn't reset the clock, so we get a delay of game penalty anyway...

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They booed him for staying on the field. he could have limped off and was going to, but the trainers told him to stop and let them check him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar