More Help Needed For Hasselbeck At WR Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

how are we not a contender? Texans are down super mario and I still say A.J. is out some major time and if rushed back to soon maybe the year! We beat the texans at home and when these next 3 the division is ours! A home playoff game and who knows! Lets make a trade and Brandon Lloyd is a no brainer!

2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Washington only solid receiver.

Williams/Hawkins/Mariani could all be gone next year.

Can Reinfeldt please get us some help at WR especially since we finally have a good quarterback.

They need to completely overhaul the whole receiving crew.

3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I have 2 letters for you...T O! As much as I don't want it to happen, it needs to happen for us to have a chance. Damian is not a #2 receiver, Avery has some potential, everyone else is straight garbage. Meh Wash is ok but not a #1.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

[​IMG]

..too bad we can't get him until next year.

Honestly though, T.O. doesn't sound horrible right now. Normally T.O. is quite for a year and doesn't cause any drama. He had 72 catches, 983 yards, 9 TDs last year, depending on his recovery it's obvious the dude can still play. Lets sign him for a 1/2 year. Although I can't see TN being his #1 choice.

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Avery and Washington do well enough at WR for us to have a good offense.

Our problems in the passing offense stem from zero threat of a run game. When we can't run and keep the ball, and force their O to stay off the field (and let our D rest), we get into deficits we can't make up with our terrible run game. So we begin to pass down after down as we try to catch up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Williams flat out sucks. Head case. I saw 3 dropped EASY. Only WR I've ever seen get injured from a bruised palm. Seriously- the ball kept hitting him right in the hands. He also had a hold on the only decent run/pass(?) we got out of CJ.

Time to give up on him.

Mariani should be gone after this year also. Haven't seen anything out of him worth a roster spot. He is pretty good at seeing the crease on returns, but has average quickness and change of direction.

Washington is a legitimate #3, average #2. Avery OK #3- jury out. He could have and should have been able to get that second foot properly placed. He had plenty of time to do it.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

All would be fixed with Justin Blackmon :)

1. Kenny Britt
    2. Justin Blackmon
    3. Nate Washington
    4. Donnie Avery
    5. Damian Williams

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

trade cj for anyone that has a high 1st and is willing to give that up for him...and get blackmon lol

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Do you mean a high 7th? lol

10. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Start using the TEs more in the passing game. Hell it works for the rest of the NFL. And who the hell came up with the plan to throw all those lob passes downfield? You can do that with Kenny Britt in the lineup, but Williams????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar