Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm like the least "sex-obsessed" male I know.

But my comment wasn't literal- though the correlation between those that dress up as comic characters, star wars characters, harry potter characters, etc at movie theaters and virginity is probably an overwhelming percentage AND not a coincidence. How many girls are going for the tard in a captain america mask battling it out with his buddy Thor?... Yeaahhhh...

Forgive me for saying what everyone is truly thinking.

---I saw The Avengers tonight.

I make it pretty well known how stupid I think most comic based movies are. The Spiderman series was terrible (all of them- not just 2 and 3), Fantastic 4 was a joke, Captain America was the worst movie I've ever spent money on, etc etc etc. Honestly one of the few tolerable flicks were The Dark Knight, and even it was a bit slow and drawn out... I was checking my watch often throughout. I did like both Iron Mans... just wasn't very memorable.

So- going in to Avengers, I fully expected to hate it. People said Captain America was great, and this felt like it'd be just as crappy. Chris Evans is involved, and he makes Channing Tatum look like the greatest actor of our time- The character Thor is involved... which can't be good. And Hulk is in there also... another negative. Yet... somehow... Joss Wheldon put it all together. It was f**king wonderful. It began fast and never stopped. The fight scenes were great, the character's all fit well together, the humor... all of it was so well done.

I was truly surprised and engaged the entire film. Didn't want it to end.

As entertaining as any movie I've seen in a long time.

Captain America was still ridiculous looking and made me giggle pretty much any time he was supposed to be serious... but other than that- all good.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Surprisingly, Captain America is becoming my favorite hero character; a simple, brave Super Soldier with humility and a conscience. Yes, he's SUPPOSED to look ridiculous, and he knows that he does...it's a fair reflection of our concept of patriotism.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Me after reading DW liked the Avengers

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Here are my issues with Capt America:

1. Chris Evans is god awful. Has one facial expression- which looks like he's staring at the sun.

2. The suit. Ok... we can modernize it enough to make it acceptable. But any time he's running around or doing something it looks hilarious. This would be ok, but in dramatic moments it kills it.

3. He's utterly worthless as a hero. He throws a shield? Serious?

4. His dialogue is always goofy and super corny. I do get why he appeals to the typical "dumbed down" American stereotype though. So I get why people like him.

5. Has zero "cool" factor. Kind of important in super heroes.

6. His movie. Enough said.

7. Of course, this isn't a character issue and only a personal stance, but the entire idea of patriotism is stupid to me. So that doesn't help any, since... well, it's a large part of that character.

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Deadpool is far and away the best comic character ever created.

Breaks my heart that fag dane cook or whatever the f got a role as him.

6. Deuce Wayne

I thought Ryan Reynolds was Deadpool? He's perfect for it.

And agreed @ best comic character.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Oh. Ryan Reynolds... was he the dude from Blade Trinity? If that is who plays the character, then ok.. that is awesome. For some reason in my dope riddled brain I was thinking dane cook.

Also congratulations in your WONDERFUL taste in comic characters!

8. Deuce Wayne

Yep. Same dude.

Got the sense of humor for it, and can be a bad*ss.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Deadpool will always be in Wolverines shadow. I have never liked Deadpool past his ninja looks and he is most likely one of the blandest characters to come out of Marvel Comics. If anybody is interested in a copy of New Mutants #98 (his first appearance). I will hear offers hehe.

As for the Avengers... I loved it! I watched it in IMAX so with a lot of action came a lot of sound..I was very impressed. In my opinion, Hulk got a little bit more time in the movie than he should. The Thanos easter egg in the credits was the best part of the movie for me! Infinity Gauntlet!!!!!

10. Deuce Wayne

Eh. Liked Wolverine ok in comics, not as a movie though.

Honestly, he's a bit to whiney/b*tchy to be likable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar