Munchak Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

I feel ya..if they keep any of the coaches, I would hope they keep Shawn Jefferson. I have faith in Ruston

2. Escape Goat

Escape Goat Starter

I bet you are a joy to be around

3. amy

amy Starter

Yeah, somhow I'm just not confident that whoever Webster chooses will be much better. He's going to hire someone he knows and has worked with. They all do that. O'brien is doing that already in Houston. So what is the difference in that and Munchak hiring his buddies? The only difference is perhaps his buddies are not that talented. But the fact remains that GMs hire their good friends also.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

But that'll mean A BETTER DRAFT PICK!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's very possible we will be worse NEXT YEAR under the new HC than we would continuing on with Munch. But the bottom line is Mike freaking Munchak was not going to lead this team to a Super Bowl. Come on DW. I know that. You know that. I know that you know that.

The dude proved NOTHING in 3 years. Next man up. Get over it.

• High Five High Five x 8
  6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Another not very bold "I told you so" prediction. Shocking.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Hell yes. Now we're talking.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This is the truth. The eyeball test was negative for Minch from day one. The hiring process was flawed, the coaches hired were bad and the Locker pick a reach who turned out to be what the critics said. Our player development was bad. Munch re-did the coaches with little improvement. He was smoked by winning teams and even the losers in our division. He didn't hold his coaches accountable for performance and he even replaced the good performing coaches with unqualified acquaintences.

Great character guy but bad HC. He'll be fine. We'll be fine. He'd have been a lame duck next year and he didn't want to can some of his buddies. So it works out ok for us.

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Chris Palmer and Jerry Gray. Quiet the tandem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I still can't believe Chris Palmer was actually our OC. That's freaking hilarious.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar