My latest Titans mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by THE_TITAN, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Round 1: Nick Fairley-DT-Auburn

[​IMG]

We need a new DT with all the injuries we had last season. Fairley would be the perfect player at 8 for the Titans. With Rocker becoming our new DL coach, he would have a lot of knowledge on how to utilise Fairley effectively and also on what type of character he is in the dressing room. He could be a day one starter and has the potential to have the type of impact that Suh had last season for the Lions.

Round 2: Ryan Mallett-QB-Arkansas

[​IMG]

It is no secret that our biggest need coming into this draft is at the QB position. Mallett has the potential to be in the elite category of NFL QB's but some concerns about his character will make him fall into the second round. I for one do not believe the flak he is getting for his character is justified. I think he proved that he could be a fine leader and is a good person at the combine. Once you get past that trivial stuff and get to look at the tape, you see a huge arm with elite capability and an NFL QB in the making.

Round 3: Bruce Carter-OLB-North Carolina

[​IMG]

LB has been a need for a while now and Bruce Carter could be a solid NFL OLB and solidify the position. He has had pretty solid production throughout his college career and has the stength, speed and size you want in an OLB. He rarely makes a mistake and has a good all round game to come into camp and be a productive guy from day one.

Round 4: Ahmad Black-SS-Florida

[​IMG]

Hope is awful and needs to go, Ahmad Black could be the long term replacement at the SS position. He has had solid production throughout his college career but will fall into the 4th over concerns about his speed. I for one think he will be a good NFL player and has a lot of upside. I think he is definately worth a 4th round selection and could suprise a lot of people at the next level.

Round 4 (comp): John Moffitt-OG-Wisconsin

We need some help on the O-line, Harris and Amano were very poor last season and Munchak will know that. Moffitt has the ability to play OG or C to a high level. He is a good run blocker which is what we look for as our number one attribute with an elite running back. He is also a very solid pass blocker and has good power to his game.

Round 5: Austin Pettis-WR-Boise State

Pettis would be a solid pick in the 5th round and has sure hands and a good size. He is the solid receiver you want in a 5th round pick and I for one think he can get better production than Gage or Washington.

Round 6: Jake Kirkpatrick-C-TCU

I love Kirkpatrick and think he would be a steal in the sixth round. He would obviously come in as a depth player but I strongly believe he could be a starter in the second half of his rookie season if Amano is still not up to the job.

Round 7: Ricky Elmore-DE-Arizona

Elmore will drop into the seventh round for two reasons; first because some teams feel he is undersized and second because the DE class is so good this year that most team would have drafted for the position come the second half of the draft. Elmore could be a fantastic edge pass rusher and is perfectly suited to fit the 4-3 system. He had 11 sacks in 2010 and 10 and a half sacks in 2009 and that kind of production is exactly what I look for when drafting a pass rushing DE.

Round 7 (comp): Allen Bradford-RB-USC

We need a goal line rusher, plain and simple.

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Nice job, Carter and Kirkpatrick I dont think will last till the rounds you have them. Fairley and Mallett is perfect.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd be alright with that.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Pretty unrealistic, Carter and Kirkpatrick will not be available in the rounds you have them going in. Replace Fairley with Aldon Smith/Quinn and I'm on board. Black ran 4.75, not sure he has the foot speed to start.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

DT's dont win you SB's, QB's do.

6. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Kirkpatrick and Carter could well go in the rounds I have them in, heres some reasons why

Kirkpatrick:

He wasn't invited to the scouting combine and that will drop his draft stock. Heres some info. on him from a popular draft site:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=76512&draftyear=2011&genpos=C

Carter:

He could drop into the 3rd because he had ACL reconstruction surgery and although it is a push that he falls to the third, it is realistic but depends on what the team doctors saw at the combine.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68927&draftyear=2011&genpos=OLB

7. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Mallett is as good as any QB in the draft and we probably wouldn't have to waste a 1st rounder on him. Pretty silly statement to be honest because look at what B.J. Raji did for the Packers in the playoffs, without him the Packers could've lost to the Bears and would've never won the superbowl.

8. 24

24 Starter

I think you're really underestimating where these players are supposed to go. But, nobody really knows at this point, your guess is as good as anyone's.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think Bruce Carter is just too popular to last til our pick in the 3rd round.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah this seems like a dream draft as far as the player names and where you have them going. We'll have to trade up to get Carter for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar