Nashville and surrounding areas (Ice related) - question (?)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm in Franklin/Cool Springs. The street is literally under 3 +" of solid ice so driving out (slight hilltop) is not an option for a second day.
    No snow plowing in my neighborhood or any connecting roads at all- which is disappointing.

I'm interested in hearing what other folks in surrounding counties are experiencing.
    Did plowing come? How many times. Private hire or HOA service etc.

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'm in Murfreesboro and the streets are the same as you mentioned in the Cool Springs area. I haven't seen any plows but I have seen salt and brine trucks. We (my employer is a school) closed for a 2nd day in a row and I'm about to go stir crazy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm in Columbia. Same thing here. My road is solid ice so looks like I'm walking to the grocery store in this mess here in a little bit. We have stuff to eat just not the kind of things I want lol.

I hear the main roads are decent but like I said my neighborhood is solid ice and there's no way out that doesn't involve going either up or down a fairly steep hill. So I'm not even going to attempt it.

I saw a salt truck make one pass down my road yesterday but that was it and it didn't really do anything. Where the hell is Mr. Plow when you need him?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Aqutis30

It's just too damn cold. What melts will re-freeze quickly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I thawed my truck and drove the cul de sac - and the ice didn't budge, crack etc.
    It's the worst road ice I've seen since moving here.
    Tractor trailer killed a woman and her son who were trying to help a stranded vehicle just down the road from here.
    I'm fine with staying home for another day or so - but I think the wife is gonna crack.

6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I honestly forgot what winter feels like

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

:cuss:

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Just checked and the sun has dried up my Culd a sac and my car, may try and go get some food.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tip for you guys at home, if you use ice melt, use it during the day when the sun is out, otherwise youre wasting your time.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm in Knoxville. Yesterday, the roads were bad, but passable. A plow came up my hill yesterday around 6 pm, sweeping away the crunchy stuff and then next 3 cars went off in the ditch.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar