NBA thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gunny, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

hahaha so predictable. Guess what? I did the defensive stats too (in the thread I got those from). Oh, I showed the bench stats. 1.2 pts difference.

And...

The Cavaliers had a BETTER DEFENSE than the Lakers. But keep trying. Please...

if you need me to post the defensive stats just let me know. You might want to think of another excuse while I get them.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Dude, they're in the post that you JUST RESPONDED TO. You're like a troll except that you actually think you have a point. Instead of trying to come up with new stats, why not just address the ones that have already been posted?

If the Cavs were 21 points per 100 possessions better with LeBron and the Lakers were only 12 points per possessions better with Kobe, what do you think that means? Do you think that that is not a fair way to measure them? What about the fact that the Lakers were about even in points scored/allowed with Kobe on the bench, but the Cavs were at 104 points scored/110 points allowed with LeBron on the bench? Do you think that all of that is meaningless? What is a better way to judge their effect on their teams? I've already posted why I thought this was the best measure. All you did was post the ppg of the starters on each team. How is that superior to in depth on/off court statistics? I mean hell, we could look at PER as well. I've already listed those. Just in case you missed it: LeBron has already posted 2 seasons higher than Kobe has EVER posted. In fact, this past season, he posted a higher PER than any player since they've recorded all of the normal stats. Better than guys such as Magic, Bird, Jordan, Shaq, Hakeem, Paul...

If you come back with another 3 line post that doesn't actually address anything I've said, I think I'll just be done with this and let you think Kobe is the man. :p

3. Deuce Wayne

Are you Lebron's agent? lol You can't argue with the stats.

1. His team scores just as many points as Kobe's.
    2. His team plays better defense than Kobe's.
    3. His supporting cast is obviously not the problem. Him choking in clutch moments IS.

:)

He butters stats in meaningless blowouts, and come playoffs that stuff no longer works. That's the only reason he had so many 4th quarter points. It's also the reason for most the other meaningless stats you're mentioning.

"Let" me think Kobe is better? It's not even in question.

Count them.

[​IMG]

Dwayne Wade is next in line.

THEN Prince James.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Not without LBJ on the floor. (see 8apg)

Not without LBJ on the floor. (see 2nd in defensive player of the year voting)

Except that he has better clutch time statistics than Kobe, but is still only around average league wide. It's harder to have a high percentage when the other team knows that you're getting it though. ~

Ummm, actually PER, the clutch time statistics and every other stat I've mentioned only counts your efficiency per minute played. If Kobe was on the bench in the last 5 minutes (as is the case in every blowout), then it doesn't count negatively towards his stats. If LBJ is on the floor (lol at that argument btw), he must maintain his 55 points per 48 minute average (and 61% efg) or it will hurt his stats.

5. Deuce Wayne

But Lebron plays no matter the score. Kobe doesn't. Phil sits Kobe with the slightest cushion. Lebron plays his heart out when they're winning by 20 with 3 minutes left.

To balance it, do those same reaching stats for Kobe. Difference would be slight still.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Chase Budinger actually looks pretty decent. I am sort of shocked. I expected a slow white guy that might get laughed out of the league. But he's scoring at a nice clip in the summer league. I guess Arizona knows something about true ballers.

17.8 ppg and 68% shooting in 5 games.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol Quentin Richardson has been traded 3 times since the draft.

8. TitanMatt

TitanMatt Bleed Blue!!!

he loves to travel haha

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

10. Deuce Wayne

Hmmm. Must be some better angles. But all he had to do was let that go instead of be a baby about it, and it wouldn't have been much of a big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar