Never ceases to amaze me

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fishman35, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

So I just came from the other Titans board from the official website. After reading post over there and on this one, I just have to shake my head. First of all, I really miss the TOMB. I just cannot believe all of the negativity.

First, I have been a Titans PSL holder for the last 6 years, so I have a financial investment in this team besides the emotional. I also played the game in HS, and almost went to college to play, but found I loved music more. So I know how bad it sucks to lose, whether I was playing, or watching in the stands. I think some folks need to cut them a bit of slack. Munchak has made some boo-boo calls, but he is a rookie head coach. We have a new DC and OC, and a boatload of rookies in there. Locker, Klug, Campbell, McCarthy, Ayers, have stepped up and will only get better. Am I upset with CJ? Yepper, but with Ringer out, and Harper not looking anything like he did in preseason, what choice do we have?

Remember that we were picked to not finish above 500. I think we will, and I am excited about what is to come. The fans on here who yell "fire Munchak" and "clean house", obviously do not understand how an NFL team functions. This is not Burger King, and Rome was not built in a day. This will take time.

Oh yes. For those who wonder why the Titans do not pay for hundred million dollar players, there are 2 sides to this. Return on investment. The Titans are a small market team. Indy is too, but Peyton Manning is a very rare exception. Most small market teams do not pay non-QB first round draft picks much money because the teams do not generate as much revenue as large market. That is the way it is. Not to mention many superstar players would not want to play here due to being small market. So if you think the Titans should grab the next $$$$$$$ free agent receiver, it is probably not going to happen. They want to play for Dallas, NY, etc. B**ching about it is not going to change this. Yeah, Bud Adams is cheap, I agree. But I think we have a lot to build with.

So I have also read on here about how the players should listen to us and we should write to the Tennessean. I imagine the team feels pretty horrible about losing to the Colts. The last thing they need is a bunch of armchair QB's telling them how to play football. If you want to be a narcissist, that is what Facebook is for.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

TOMB sucked.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. SATitan

SATitan Starter

Very nicely said sir! High Five that!

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

just for 6 yrs!!! come on quite a few of us have been since the team came to Nashville. Fair weather fans...geesh :ha:

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Gotta give him credit though, 6 years ago was an awful season lol

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Same here!

But I think 6 years might be more impressive... He stuck by us through our worst years as a team, only getting to see one good year, while folks like you and I have witnessed 5 great seasons.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

when you are on the waiting list the record doesn't matter...you just want the excitement win or lose

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Beat me to it.

9. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Awesome post. I do believe however that a lot of people like myself are not incensed by our players at this point as much as Munchak and the ghost of Fisher who haunts his dreams and whispers in his impressionable ears like Jimminy Cricket. And the TOMB was horrible. Let's all just get along tonight and drink an extra beer after Rapelisberger just got publicly humiliated, violated, and decimated.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

It never ceases to amaze me the excuses people make for terrible performers. I don't give a siht if we were picked to go 3-13, or that we had a new HC with no training camp.. that doesn't mean anything come week 15.. you should be able to play and you know, COACH, with a miniscule amount of competence by then.

Most of the offense flat out SUCKS. Most of the coaching staff.. SUCKS.. actually, tell me one coach that has done a good job this season. Don't tell me Gray either, he just reverts to prevent as soon as he can just like the last seven DCs here. There might be 5-6 guys that have done good this season.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar