new Star Trek trailer

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretty much...

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You just can't get over the lack of explanation of Cloverfield...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Bah Humbug!

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Godzilla + Blair Witch - minus explanation = average.

He did nothing exceptional. And did nothing that says he is anything but average.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I got Cloverfield & enjoyed it.

Many of my friends hated it.It polarized movie fans in terms of their reviews & yet did decent box office.

If nothing else the success of films like Cloverfield encourages film studios to make movies different from the brain dead fodder they think we want to see.

Abrams didn't right or direct Cloverfield but his signing on to produce it was enough to get it the green light.The studios focused on his name to promote it.Got to admire the guy for sticking his neck out to help another film maker.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Godzilla = big lizard knocks over tall buildings. No explanation needed.
    Why does it need to be more?

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you haven't seen any of the new Battlestar Galactica episodes have you
    (pretty good stuff)

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I could actually tolerate a JJ Abrams / Joss Whedon collaboration :yes:

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I am totally not understanding at all why you would want or need any form of explanation. This baffles me to the utmost.

The situation: a monster appears and destroys things. Rob wants to make sure his love interest is safe.

There is absolutely nothing else to know. Rob is a nobody. A team of scientists and biologists are not going to chase him down and try to explain what the creature is, where it came from, it's gestation period, etc, etc.

The film isn't about a monster... it's about a situation and how people dealt with it.

From the filmmaking/directing standpoint, it was awesome: non-stop action, effects and destruction filmed in a way that doesn't allow for a cut scene or change of perspective. I'd like to know how it was all put together.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Actually, Patrick Stewart has had quite a career on Broadway and in theater in general. I personally loved his stint as Picard. Never got into the Voyager series, but still watch the TNG reruns when I can catch them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar