Next Gen

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mitch86, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Id like to take a swing at this.

Mike Vick in his prime survived a season or two running wild.

I think Donovan McNabb also squeezed out a couple of years here and there as a running QB.

After those two it becomes foggy

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh. All he really has to do is play QB well....

He doesn't HAVE to be fast/juke/etc. Just has to throw the ball well and we'd be satisfied.

But when people try to make him out to be something he isn't...

5. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Our play may not have translated to wins, but the qb isn't the only one who can help win a game. Team sport, you know.

And i don't think quick is the word you're looking for, so much as agile.

"Mariota is fast, but not agile enough to make people miss."

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fast to me is more "top speed"... which he probably has.

Quick is being fast in short distances... which he doesn't seem to have. Acceleration seems a bit sluggish with MM.

KW is the perfect example of quick... but wouldn't call him "fast".

• Boring Boring x 1
  7. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Well unfortunately he's going to struggle and not throw the ball well in certain games that's part of being a rookie. Peoples expectations of him making the perfect throw every play and playing lights out is asanine. The history books will tell you the great qbs struggled mightily their first seasons, prime example was Elway. One of the most antisapated athletes coming out of college much like Mariota and he absolutely sh*t the bed his rookie year. Not to mention defenses were not as complex as they are now so I think the kid is playing pretty darn well givin the circumstances.

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

Vick played one full season in his 13 year career. But, that's the only one i could think of, didn't think of mcnabb. So once every 10 years or so we get a qb that jukes and lasts a full season. I'd prefer mariota not juke at all, go out of bounds or slide. There is the rare freak that can take the big hits and play injured constantly, we used to have one of those. I'd like mm to stay more healthy than those guys.

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Rodgers for one.

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar