Nick Saban for our new Head Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

All depends on who they play in the first round. They'll likely be the 5th seed and play the 4th seed which will be either Washington or Dallas... Hopefully Washington. What a game that would be. RG3 vs Wilson. I love it. Redskins and Seahawks are the teams I'm pulling for.

So, in other words, they should not lose in the first round. They should beat both Washington and Dallas.

Assuming they do win in the first round, they would likely go on to face the #1 seed Falcons (assuming the 6th seed team loses). And let's be real... Falcons suck in the playoffs. I'd pick the Seahawks over them. Then it would come down to playing either the Packers or 9ers. If they play the 9ers, they will win and advance to the Super Bowl. If they face the Packers, they are royally ****ed due to it being in Lambeau and the revenge factor for the Fail Mary.

I shall revisit this post in a month.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I remember months ago i picked a Seahawks-Texans superbowl and people laughed....

They just got Browner back and Sherman won his appeal, that team is built to go far..

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't see either of those teams making it. Texans have really started to show they are not all that great and I think Wilson might have a hard time in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, they are built to go far, I just think they will have a problem getting past Green Bay.

4. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

As an Alabama fan... I'm going to have to be against this idea.

Though if he's going to leave Bama anyways, then I'd be all for it. Get him the hell out of college football so Smart can win us some more NCs.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I was the one who laughed... And I still laugh.

The Texans have no chance.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea the Texans are a good team, but theyre not wining more than 1 playoff game.

As for this Saban idea, I respect the effort and argument TheSureThing made, but I'm not so sure he's NFL material.

You even said it yourself, he was 15-17 (Munchak territory) and I feel like Munchak would have similar success if he went to the NCAA similar to Saban.

Why not hire Jim Bates? Whats' he up to these days? His son is making the Seahawks offense look good and he's a Tennessee graduate. Could be a good hire.

I mean where's our Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas? Those guys are why Saban's defense was good.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

lol. bringin out the Samwell.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

and why would Saban want to come here???

Leave an empire to take over a city made of ashes?

9. bikini_titan

bikini_titan Camp Fodder

What we need first is some scouts that can pick winners instead of losers!

10. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Difference between Carroll and Saban is that Carroll knows what NFL talent looks like. Even going back to New England his teams were decent and now Seattle has been just a great drafting team in the last 2 years. Nick Saban was the architect of the 1-15 Dolphins, that was his personal baby. Look at his picks and free agent signings: Duante Culpepper, Gus Frerotte, trading for Joey Heisman, Ronnie Brown, Matt Roth, Jason Allen, Derek Hagan. That's atrocious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar