Nnamdi Asomugha

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The Eagles are expected to release Nnamdi Asomugha. He played like crap in 2012 but Philly has been a toxic situation the past two years.
    1. There is the letdown of having declared themselves the "Dream Team" then tanking bad in 2011. Nothing kills a locker room quite like expecting to be a dominant then going on to suck. Jets are another example.
    2. In 2012 Andy Reid was arrogant enough to make an OL coach the DC. Not only was this move stupid but the players are certain to realize how stupid it is and would be very demotivating for anyone on the defense.
    3. The coaches feuded with each other. Probably the best defensive coach was run off the team. Further killing morale on the defense.
    4. The coaches son, an Eagles employee, died at training camp while chasing the dragon. I can see this incident impacting the team in many ways. Players had to be wondering if the head coaches head was in the right spot. And I am sure there were a few players pissed off that a known junkie was an employee and at their training camp.
    I think Nnamdi could be a real sleeper FA. Would you be open to the Titans exploring a contract with him? I am not thinking along the lines of what he had in Philly. I think we can get him with an incentive laden contract and he will go for it given the fact no one else will give him a big contract and he will be happy given all the guranteed money he got from Philly.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nnamdi would HATE being a Titan, and it wouldn't be long til we hated him.

He's best in man coverage, Jerry Gray has never heard of such a coverage.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to land him. And if Jerry Gray grew some balls we'd be a great place for him to play.

Playing on the Eagles changed him, getting paid does that to guys, they lose their edge because they're not chasing anything anymore.

I think a under performing team like ours is exactly what Nnamdi needs if he ever wants to be a dominate force again.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I see Detroit in his future.
    Also, more likely DRC is resigned with NA gone.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Gray may not have the balls but Williams does. And we all know who is really calling the shots.

6. JCBRAVE

Good point

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd want him here but I doubt he'd want to be here and I doubt our FO even looks his way if/when he is released.

I'm expecting them to overpay Verner just like they did JMac.

8. JCBRAVE

Verner is going to get shafted by us, I'm telling you, dude will not like what they offer him and will probably leave us.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You go from hero to zero in less than 2 years.

I think a lot of teams will be knocking at his door though. Nobody for the Titans will be knocking on his door.

I actually wouldn't mind him here, because I still think he can be elite.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wrong CB got paid. Verner is better than JMac. Finnegan is/was better than both of them. We sh!+ the bed on that one.

• High Five High Five x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar