No Pro-Bowlers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree Mariani was robbed but remember a few weeks in the season when a poster started a thread saying that Mariani sucked and should not be returning punts? Several other posters agreed.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=75081&highlight=mariani

Maybe if he had some respect from his own fans it would have helped.

Earl Thomas made the pro bowl as a safety for the nfc. Another genius call by Duece!

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I guess Champ Bailey, I mean he did have a solid year, and is good enough to go to Hawaii, but he only goes every year because he's a familiar name to voters. He most certainly wasn't the Champ Bailey of old, his play wasn't better than McCourty's. Even Revis didn't play up to the level we've come to know. The only Pro Bowl CB that made the roster who should be there is Joesph.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If GoT is man enough he can tell me what about that post he found so objectionable.

A poster, started a thread saying that Mariani was "exposed" as a return man and was not elusive enough to return punts. several other concurred with him.

Does GoT agree with that?

As for Bironas he was not the best kicker in the AFC both in terms of his FG percentage, timely kicks and how he has done as a kick off man. Janikowski was the most deserving. He had a great year.

4. JCBRAVE

The Pro Bowl has become such a joke I shouldn't even watch it this time. I mean how in the hell do Derrick Johnson & Andre Carter get in? D'Brickashaw Ferguson!? Who is voting for these guys? Brandon Marshall made the damn Pro Bowl LMAO.

Can't wait to see Jason Babin over in Hawaii get mauled. How bout Lance Briggs?!!!? He's crap this year!

I get that McCourty doesn't get to go cause he's in TN and we had zero nationally televised games, but what about Aldon Smith in San Fran? That guy is a monster and Lance Briggs gets to go... It's a shame really.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What is odd about Marshall making the pro bowl? He was third in the afc in receiving yards.

Derrick Johnson had his best season as a pro. With Ray Lewis missing some games and in decline i have no beef with that one either.

If you don't think Babin deserves another pro bowl you know nothing about football. He's been the best pass rusher in the nfl the last 2 seasons.

6. JCBRAVE

:facepalm2::facepalm3: :makefun2: Oh you poor thing

I think you're the one that knows nothing about football, and Brandon Marshall misses 50% of the balls thrown at him. Besides being a popularity contest, shouldn't the Pro Bowl feature the leagues best? Guys who miss as many balls as him don't deserve a free trip to Hawaii.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok fine, a guy with 18 f**king sacks doesn't deserve a pro bowl!

Become informed.

8. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I'm sure this is going to draw in some sucks, but I personally think we don't have any Titan in the pro-bowl this year because we simply didn't have anyone with a legitimate pro-bowl year.

This includes CB. I think the only case you can argue is Rob Bironas but he had a couple misses at the beginning of the year that probably really hurt him.

With that being said, I would be shocked if a certain Middle Linebacker does not make the pro-bowl at some point in the near future. LOVE watching him play, can't believe we snagged him for a 4th!

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

You're so f#@king dumb, I'm at a loss for words right now. I now know you only look at stats. People like you are why the Pro Bowl is a joke.

Sacks are nothing more than glorified tackles. At one time no one cared about sacks, they were the equivalent to a tackle for loss. If Babins stats read 34 tackles (which they should), you wouldn't have chit to say. Is a guy who only records 34 tackles in hundreds of plays worth a Pro Bowl spot?????????????? Is it??????????????

Please, please go find me one play where Babin did something other than record a "sack".........

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Provide the link. He caught a higher percentage of the passes thrown to him than Larry Fitzgerald.

Duece light?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar