Oaktown and Russell?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

That's the point that everyone is trying to make. Prove that you can play in the NFL BEFORE becoming its largest paycheck.
    There are dudes all over the NFL that are busting their asses for less than 300G a year, and they are proven vets.
    In his shoes, take the money.
    In Davis' shoes, throw him back. See what kind of a trade he'll bring................after he sits at home and watches for a year. See if anyone else is willing to pay him.

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I doubt he gets remotely close to 30M guaranteed if he tries again next year.

He will eventually have to sign.

If I was Al, I would give him a sliding offer. Something like decreasing 1M a week until he signs.

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I pretty sure he wants a 60 million dollar contract with 40 guaranteed.
    Compared to Mario Williams ( last years overall pick ) which was 54 million with 26.5 guaranteed and it seems more about the up front money that Oakland is worried about.

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

There is simply no justification for 40M guaranteed based upon historical increases for the 1st overall pick. 30M is a huge increase over last year.

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

actually the system is okay- I think a few minor tweaks would be okay- but I would hate slotting in the NFL- it takes a peculiar part of the game away, and if the athletes deserve it they should get paid, maybe they could do a slotting which determines how much signing bonus they get, but that should be the extent- and Russell will sign by Week 2...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar