OC Plans on Making Johnson Multi-Purpose Weapon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Rookie RB Chris Johnson showed in his first OTA some of the speed which landed him as pick #24 of the first round. "He’s an amazing athlete and he’s got amazing speed. I can probably say he’s the fastest person I’ve ever lined up again," said rookie LB Stanford Keglar, who played in the Big Ten. "It’s great to be on his team and to have that guy on my team instead of him being on the other sideline." Titans OC Mike Heimerdinger plans on using Johnson as much as possible in his offense this season as he was used in East Carolina. Johnson was the fastest player at the NFL Combine with a 4.24 time in the 40-yard dash.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

It's useful speed. It's combined with lateral quickness. When you say you've got a guy with track speed playing football, some guys are track guys trying to play. They don't have lateral quickness and change of direction. That's what he has: excellent acceleration,'' the coach said!! Wow for i what hear this kid fly and can catch the ball on the run to. I can see so many formations with Johnson being on the slot against a LB 1 on one, spread to the right, man Heimi will have his hands full trying to draw plays for this kid and Vince..

3. Hummell

Hummell Camp Fodder

"I'm going to say his speed is called ridiculous. I'm just one of those guys that can run a little bit. But if you give him any little thing, he can go,'' Hawkins said.

"We drafted him because we know it's going to change the complexity of our offense. It's going to require people to do different things, and you're going to get mismatches. You're going to create matchups that you like. When you free release him out of the backfield, you're less likely to have someone blitzing to keep him in,'' Fisher said.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=5737

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

One would certainly hope so!:biglaugh:

5. Hummell

Hummell Camp Fodder

“We were out there making up routes,’’ Heimerdinger said. “I’ve never had a guy that can do (things Johnson can). … You need to be able to take advantage of the guy because he can do so many things. We’ll just see what he can handle.’’

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../80502137/1027

6. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

aaaaaaaaahahaha! i get more and more excited by the day! the gig juices are flowing in this crazy titans fans body, and i can't wait until september so i can let em loose! chris johnson is gonna be one word SPECIAL!

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Gotta love the gold grill.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we have two of the fastest dudes in the nfl on offense. vince and johnson...its going to be crazy

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wrote that article headline five times trying to find a way to not make it funny. :ha:

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Dinger plans to play with Johnson slightly more than his new Tight end and Wide Receiver, but believes at some point all three will come together before it's all over. Stanford held a press conference today, and the expectations coming out of California are that Dinger will light it up.

"You can't compare Johnson to Bush, you just can't." Dinger said. "Bush is overrated. I like Johnson. I really do."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar