Official Homer Thread For 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

For everyone who needs some positive energy going into the 2013 season. And what do we have to be positive about?

1. Greg Williams controls the defense
    2. We fixed our biggest weakness from 2012, offensive guard, in a big way with the top FA guard and the top rookie guard
    3. Kenny Britt is in a contract year and we can expect him to be motivated for a change
    4. Jake has more experience under his belt and we have a little Fitzmagic to back him up
    5. The WR position is the deepest this franchise has seen since the Warren Moon/run and shoot days
    6. The kids playing LB are growing up fast
    7. We actually have NFL caliber strong safeties on the roster
    8. :cj: is happy for a change

I can keep going but am hoping others will jump in. And remember, keep this one positive!

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

9) We have a much easier schedule than last season, aside from a tough start.
    10) The AFC as a whole has not been this weak in a long time, so we may be able to sneak into the playoffs with around 9 wins.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's our 15 year anniversary so something has to happen!

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Overall the coaching staff is stronger. I really like the addition of Sly Croom at RB coach. Think he can get more out of :cj: and think he can do a lot with Greene. Plus he has a lot of experience to share with others on the coaching staff. Can be a real leader with them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Just got NFL game rewind and started rewatching the first couple games. I was actually surprised that Jake played pretty real good in the first 3 games. Average vs SD, but very good against NE and DET. He was not the reason for losing the first 2 games. Not sure if he fell off because of injuries or the horrendous o line he had when he came back. I will admit I have been a Locker Knocker for a while now, but I think that was because the horrible play from the end of the season was fresh in my mind. I think with another full offseason and the experience from starting last season he could become a very good QB. Obviously I'm not talking Rodgers or Brady status, but more of a Rivers or Romo. I'm excited for the kid.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Super Bowl

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The Lions game was one of the more crazier Titans games I remember seeing in a while.

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I actually missed that game so I finally got to see the game in its entirety. Just watching the highlights was crazy, but that was probably the best game I've seen since the VY 99 yd drive vs the Cards in 09. After that final drive I was running and screaming around the house and my roommates (who both were not watching the game nor Titans fans) thought I was crazy. The only other time I reacted like that was the Milwaukee Brewers making the playoffs in 08 for the first time in 16 years.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Two huge points. The AFC is weak, we could make playoffs. I'm just hoping we can get 9-7 and a wildcard berth, would be huge for our team.

The season really depends on Jake Locker. If he can be an above average QB (like what Hass was his first year) we can be a good team. We start vs the Steelers, who were the #1 passing D last year (they did lose their #2 CB) then we go to Houston, who were #17 and lost their starting FS, replaced him with Ed Reed and added a 2nd rd safety. Then should have good games vs SD, NYJ, and KC before having to go into Seattle. I'm hoping we get on a roll w/ a 3 game win streak those games and atleast keep the SEA game close.

This season depends on Locker, unless CJ runs for 2K and our defense is top 10. I don't see either of those happening.

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yeah that 99 yrd drive had me goin crazy too! That was one of the most spectacular drives of all time. I remember after scaife catching that tipped pass I had a feeling something special was gonna happen! That drive would have been better than a 1 play 99 yard walkoff! Those was one of the game where Vince made you think he could be a star!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar