Training Camp official QB camp BATTLE thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

There are already a few threads discussing MH and Jake Locker, but this one is intended to be an UNBIASED tracker of the camp battle between them. We can keep track of their performance throughout each day of camp, and then decide based only on THAT DAY's performance to decide the daily winner. Hopefully as camp goes on we will start to get a clear picture of who is having the better camp. We will try to keep the bias and opinions in the other threads, so no debating on who the starter should be week 1, or how they played last year, or how the hard schedule affects things, etc ... just which QB is having the better camp, and camp observations specific to the QB battle.

We can post the stats of each day's practice and compare, but as we all know, stats don't always tell the whole story so if you were at camp that day and have some additional observations to add feel free.

Camp Day one:

7 on 7 drill:

Locker - 5/8, 0 TDs, 1 int
    Hass - 4/7, 0 TDs, 0 int

11 on 11:

Locker - 7/7, 0 TDs, 0 ints
    Hass - 4/7, 0 TDs, 0 ints

Total:

Locker - 12/15, 0 TDs, 1int
    Hass - 8/14, 0TD, 0 int

Sounds like day one was pretty close. Obviously I didn't get to see any of the throws in person, but it sounds like day one might be a tie. Although if I had to pick a winner I think I would give Locker the slight advantage for this day just going off the Stats.

Its only 1 day though, still a left of camp left, and a whole lot can happen

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Being picked off by Michael Griffin is a really hard thing to do. Good thread though.

3. Thaddeus43

IDK, Griff always drops the easy ones, so it must not have been thrown right to him. :D

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I really hope not, but it was the first day so no sense in worrying about it.

5. Thaddeus43

No, I was just kidding .... ints will happen in TC. Its just part of it. Both will throw plenty as camp goes on. Plus it was his 1st throw of the day I think, so I am sure there is plenty of rust to shake off.

Overall it sounded like JL had a pretty good day though.

6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Seems Locker had pretty good accuracy minus the one blunder thrown to Griff.Remember, this is only his second year and his first TRUE camp. He's young and going to make mistakes. How he responds to those mistakes, is when you see a kid grow up right before your eyes.

I want my QB to learn from mistakes. The only way to learn from them is to commit them first.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

If this truly is a competition where the only thing that matters to the coaches is who performs better this offseason, I fully expect Locker to win this battle and start. I just have a feeling they are going to factor in our tough early schedule, experience, etc. into the decision and start Matt if it is close at all.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

???

He's got 17 career picks, including 7 in one year. If there is one thing he does do well, it's being a ball hawk...

Anyways, It's day 1 of TRAINING CAMP. Who really cares about interceptions? Honestly I want locker to try and throw into the tightest spots and even force it a lot during camp just so he can get a feel for his limitations and realize what won't work in games.

It's like spring training in baseball, you're going to see a lot of allstars hit .200 in spring training because they are taking meaningless AB's and tweaking the mechanics of their swing. Idc how many picks Locker throws in camp as long as he continues to learn and gets better every rep.

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

People praising Manning cause he threw a TD at training camp. lol

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Griff only intercepted it because he knew he wouldn't get hit.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar