One of Mariotas Main Issue

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanNation1, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

100% i seen this so many times this year from him. Seems like he is scared that he is going to get injured again.

2. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

This is much closer to the root of the problem. Imagine Mularkey and Robiskie talking inside your helmet. What do you think they are preaching on every play?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Mariota's one main issue is his footwork breaks down once or twice a game and that's why we see the occasional overthrow each game. Other than that I don't see any other issues with his play this year. This offensive scheme obviously holds him back but that's another long story.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Since college he's had sloppy footwork. But since he makes it work I just accept that's how he rolls

5. Wingman

Wingman Starter

Mariota is substantially faster than Wilson. But isn't as shifty but then again he is a a lot taller

6. Wingman

Wingman Starter

No doubt

7. Wingman

Wingman Starter

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mariota has a wide base, he's not built to slip and slide around defenders, but he does have that 5th gear once he gets going... His game is better suited to bail and run for the hills vs eluding guy after guy like Wilson does...

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Before you continue to talk out of your ass please show us the proof of the offensive scheme consistently holding Mariota back.

Mariota's big problem is that he is overly cautious. He won't throw the football until he's sure the guy is open (ie after he makes his cut) and that's probably also why he tends to bail when there's pressure.

10. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Well his footwork isn't sloppy to me. Its actually very good for the most part. Just sometimes he puts it on the back burner I guess and forgets how important it is. I think it should be an emphasis each and every week in practice. He did that in preparation for the Texans game and you didn't see an errant throw from him like previous games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar