One Of Our Biggest Weaknesses Is No Run Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We need to get more of these videos of Amano on youtube, maybe then Munchak will realize he just sucks. We should all share them via facebook, twitter and every other social media outlet.

We gotta get this bum outa TN.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

lol I'm sure there's plenty if theres any other games from this year where anybody can remember him doing something extremely stupid like those 2 than I'll gladly upload them even.

3. JCBRAVE

I KNOW there's other low-lights, but hard to recall where and when.

4. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

You know, having played center in college, I know how friggen hard it is, and I do feel a little sorry for Amano.

But....

The dude has no right being paid to be an NFL center. I was decent to good, but knew (even before my knees got blown out,) that I didn't have the skill to be in the NFL.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I am in no way an Amano supporter, but if you watch the video do you think he is purposely allowing himself to get pushed back. If you watch the video you will see that Scott and Stewart fire off the ball on the right side while everyone on the left side of the line doesn't. Instead they let the defenders push them into the backfield. It looks as if they were trying to create a seam for CJ. Of course an unaccounted for LBer is sitting right in the hole. It is odd the difference in the way the right side and left side OL come off the ball.

6. JCBRAVE

Center and Left Tackle are especially difficult positions to play, because of the fact that behind those guys there's a direct route to the QB. I know why this team all of a sudden blows when trying to run the ball. For the first time in years, they're in pass mode nearly all the time. We have a capable QB now, and so the mindset coming in is to pass, but then when we trail, it's still to pass, and when we need to run, we're no longer set up mentally to do that. The effort is there, but the execution isn't.

Watching Amano and Scott is painful at times.

7. JCBRAVE

See, that's the problem with this O-Line. Amano is so much of a liability that we can't favor either side of the line. Usually it's either your left or right side you know is going to hold you back, but with Amano screwing up as often as he does, we never know which side we can and cant utilize.

The only thing not hindered by Amano's lack of execution is the Tackles. Luckily for them, they're far enough away from Amano, they can't catch his disease.

I know if we just get ourselves a real NFL Center, that we'll be so much better off.

Center should be the main focus going into the draft. I don't see any better Free Agent's so we're going to need a rookie coming in. So sad really.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought the DT got a big jump and Amano had no choice but to go with him in hope of walling him off from CJ. Problem was, he got pushed inside enough that CJ couldn't avoid him.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

[​IMG]

#1 Free agent priority...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

Ehhh maaaaybe. He's not been the same player lately, but is an upgrade over Amano for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar