Our D-Line as is...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jhutch, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Thats our problem Laboy isn't a full-time DE and Odom really isn't either. We need another stud DE that can play the majority of the game.

Laboy doesn't even play the majority and still doesn't produce same can be said for Odom.

2. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Odom has the most upside of any of our DEs. He just has to stay healthy. His raw talent is impressive. He's big enough to stuff the run, but quick enough to rush the passer, if he has to.

But what has me most excited is our pass rush this year. If Al stays healthy and Starks is healthy, with the addition of Ford, Laboy being in there and KVB losing a bit of weight...we could suddenly have a great pass rushing DL.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Odom is injury prone now?

Since when? Why do so many posters have 12 month memories and that is all? Odom played EVERY SINGLE GAME IN 04 AND 05! He was no more injury prone than that any other player. He had the sleep apnea thing so they hooked him up with a c-pap or something. This is a guy who in 32 games had 4 sacks. I'm not trying to be down on him that's the simple truth.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A lighter laboy..

Another organizational failure? They tell him to bulk up and he losses quickness so the same guy who had 6.5 sacks in 05 only has 3.5 in 06. smart!

If laboy isn't an every down player then so be it but let him do what he does best and that is to rush the passer. The colts start mathis at LE and he might be even lighter than laboy.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

A lighter LaBoy and KVB along with Ford hopefully improves our pass rush. Odom improves our depth, but I don't see him as having any more upside than LaBoy. He hasn't shown it.

Our run D may still be the suck.

6. Odom isn't injury prone, but he was hurt for most of last year. As a rookie he wasn't in good shape because of the sleep apnea. The year after he was just removed from the death of his sister, so perhaps there was some psychological issue that held him back.

But in the end, this is his year to prove himself, one way or the other.

7. Nash

Nash Starter

not sure about Mahelona.. can he be anything more than a stopgap player?? he looked pretty big when i saw him a month or so ago so I'm not sure about what king of shape he's in..

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah but Mathis has way more athleticsm, explosiveness, and an array of pass rush moves.

Laboy does a a little rip move and thats about it and he doesn't seem to have the explosiveness he had in college.

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar