Ownership Needs To Be More Involved Change The Culture Of This Franchise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

We have 32 teams in the National Football League.The way ownership handles team matters differs from franchise to franchise.There are also some that are more hands on than others.Overall i'd say some of the best run franchises are New England,Baltimore,Pittsburgh,Green Bay,etc. and the reason these are some of the best run teams is because the ownership will not stand for mediocrity and also do whatever it takes year in and year out to put the best product on the field.

I'd say that the main thing biting this team in the ass as far as the way things are run is the fact that all the hiring and promoting comes from within the organization.We will never get ahead with the way the setup is right now.They seriously need to bring in some independent evaluators to figure out whats needed from top to bottom and then after they clean house they need to bring in some fresh blood from the outside.

This team can turn the corner.Atlanta got it wrong for years then blew it up in 2007 brought in new GM,new coaching,new QB,etc. and since 2008 they've won every season.Not saying we need to start over from scratch but we do need a change.Time will tell after Bud Adams is gone if the right people were put in place to lead the way.

If Smith is going to sit on his hands and let Munchak come back in 2014 it better be due to a winning season.It won't bode well for the fans at all if this staff has a losing season then is welcomed back the next year.

I've always believed that besides ownership the three most important positions on a football team are the GM,Head Coach and starting QB.If you have a capable GM picking good players for your roster the team will have a good foundation and play well.Next is a good head coach who always gets the team ready to play and holds himself accountable for how the team performs.If things aren't going good at times he gets the team together and makes them understand how important it is to move on and play well going forward.The starting QB is very important as well because you only go as far as he will take you.A QB that plays well will produce victories more often than not.A good QB can also get you by at times when your defense isn't playing good as well.A good QB will make the whole team play better.

There is no doubt that the wrong choices were made back in 2011.The wrong head coach was brought in and i hate to say it but also the wrong QB as well.Fans are going to get tired of the excuses and the way the team is not producing and in the end the bottom line will suffer.Changes need to be made and anyone can see that very clearly.

I think thats what is needed here in two of three cases.I think GM Webster has shown he can bring in good players.Now i'm very curious as to who he would not only bring in as head coach but also who he would draft as his QB of the future.Thats what Tommy Smith needs to do is let Webster bring in the best qualified people for each position.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

What ownership? We don't hold anyone accountable in this franchise!

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Profit is the only culture ownership is interested in. You are misguided if you think ownership uses the same parameters of success as the fans do.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I agree. If we have anything its a good GM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar