Pacman considering return to WVA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

he was given money the past two years to play football. According to the NCAA once you're a paid athlete you can't become an amateur again. Some of their enforcement of it is kinda rediculous IMO. Like Jeremy Bloom, who was drafted by the Eagles last year, was also an olympic skier, so because he was getting paid for skiing he was deemed a professional athlete and lost his NCAA eligibility to play football.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I was joking about his suspension.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I figured that, but I couldn't really tell ;)

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

going back to west virgina might be one of the better things he can do. mike barwis was one of the people who kept him in line while he was in school. hanging out with him should do some good.

"West Virginia strength coach Mike Barwis is an old-school guy. When Jones rolled into weightlifting sessions a few minutes late at the beginning of his sophomore year, Barwis scowled and shoved a 40-pound sandbag at him. A few minutes later, Jones, already breathing hard, found himself running alone around Mountaineer Field.

"If you're late for your job in real life, you get fired," Barwis said. "He thought it was OK to be late, so I always made him pay tenfold. After awhile, you get disciplined."

Jones and Barwis, who took an aggressive approach with him, grew close. Barwis, perhaps, was the most effective male role model in Jones' life. Maybe it isn't a coincidence that Jones' biggest misstep at West Virginia occurred before Barwis joined Rich Rodriguez's staff in Morgantown."

6. Riverman

It's a good move on all fronts, for all the right reasons. I was hoping that he would be with Titans players more during the suspension, but I guess he can get what he needs one day a week.

It still irks me that Goodell has kept him away from the facility so much. What's the point of that? If he goes back to get a degree, then it's not a bad thing.

7. Riverman

Sounds like Barwis might need a job in Nashville ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar