Pacman On TV Again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Would you feel the same if Pac came to your son's fifth-grade class to talk?

At this point, I think both sides pretty much know where the other stands. My comments are not directed as much towards Pacman as anyone who influences kids from teachers, coaches, ministers, etc. If they don't live the life they preach, then I have no use for them because kids aren't stupid. They DO believe it's okay to do whatever that role model does because their parents, teachers, etc. allowed the athlete or entertainer to speak to them in the first place. It is an endorsement. It can damage more than it helps.

I think some of you might change your tune a bit one day when you have an impressionable child of your own who, regardless of as much direction you try to give them as to role models, latches on to someone you don't feel is genuine in living their life the way they tell others to live.

So I'm letting this go with the hope Pacman, and others, do take their responsibilities seriously and do their best to make a positive difference.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'd enroll in 5th grade just for the visit.
    Schools use discretion when it comes to something like that. If I was the parent that was outraged about it, I might be inclined to think that I was the one with the problem. I think some of you underestimate just how stupid the average 22 year old man is.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd be scared...that I have a son and he is already in the 5th grade...:brow:

But yes I would feel the same because I know Pacman would say all the right things that is expected of him to say, just like T.O or Chopper Reed would say that right things if they visited regardless if Pacman believes what he says.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

And you are assuming that the parents are in the picture. Wasn't Pacman speaking at a Boys and Girls club? I wonder how many of those kids have both parents in the picture? I have worked in inner-city Nashville, and very few kids know their fathers, and those that do know they are in prison. To these kids, when Pacman comes to spend time with them and talk to them, he becomes more of a role model than their parents ever will be. Right or wrong, when an athelete or celebrity makes the effort to reach out to kids, he/she takes the place of an absent parent.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG]

:applause:

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:)

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Sidebar:

should celebrities in particular be considered role models when they use their celebrity status to spout off about topics not related to their profession.

Think Susan Sherandon or Meathead

I say once they try to leverage their celebrity status outside their professional careers they ask for and deserve everything that they get as far as fan reaction and feedback - good or bad.

I would also include Athletes as celebrities.

8. Brian

Brian Big Fan

You guys thought the Woolfolk "debate" was a waste of time???

:drool:

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG]

Dear Lisa
    Thankyou for awakening me by putting my
    name in your home page... I will be visiting
    your real home when you least expect it...
    As you have seen on TV, I can get home
    addresses from hompages because I am
    THE CYBERSTALKER​

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

What does that say.................

ooohhh i see it now It Says sometin about woolfolk.

Let's talk about him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar