Pacman Summary Please!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alzarius

alzarius Guest

The one and ONLY problem Pac has is a getting caught problem.

Do you guys really think that McNair's DUI was an isolated issue? Nope, just never got caught before.

Think Moss running over a school crossing guard while being high is an isolated incident? Nope, just never got caught before.

Think Ray Lewis was a schoolboy before the night club incident? Nope, just the only time he got caught.

Travis Henry, Tank.... Im not going to bother listing it.

Pacs problem is that he gets caught too much. Dont be so naive

2. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Comparing Steve Mcnair to Adam Jones is comical at best, and insulting to Steve. For the record, Steve Mcnair does not have a Dui. He was arrested twice, charges dropped both times.
    Our entire society, and much of the world society drinks alcohol. He drove his vehicle later. He wasn't drunk as a skunk. He didn't hurt anyone. And he apologized for his lapse in judgement. What else do you want?
    Jones, never apologizes. Jones lies. As far as I can tell the only bit of good he ever did as a Titan was going to see Danita Marsh and hanging out with her young son when she was hospitalized. Some of the posters on here won't know who she is, but she is a Metro Police officer that was paralyzed while responding to a domestic dispute.
    I get tired of people saying the only thing he is guilty of is being unlucky. He is guilty of having a bad attitude, and making horrible decisions. He needs to be someone else's problem child.
    If you can't play for coach Fisher, then who can you play for?

3. alzarius

alzarius Guest

Wow, just wow.

1. I didnt compare McNair to Jones, I pointed out that just because you have only been caught once, doesnt mean it was your only time doing it. Im sure that was the only 2 times that McNair has ever had a few drinks and gotten behind the wheel. Mabye you are, in fact, that naive.

By the way, do more people die every year from fights in a club, or by DUI's?

2. Charges dropped, so it never happened and it was all a setup, gotcha. I supposed all the ones where Jones charged were dropped, was nothing behind it? My guess are that there are twice as many incidents that we DONT know about. I suppose OJ really did not kill anyone. Again, mabye you are that naive.

3. I never said he was unlucky, I said he just gets caught while others do not get caught as much. Nothing to do with naive, just a reading problem I guess.

Everyone hates Pac because of his "numerous incidents". What I am saying, is that his problem is that he gets caught.

If he plays for the Titans next year, great. If not, great. But I wont sit here like a naive fool who has no understanding how the world works and how it is and pretend like I am on some kind of moral high horse and despise another person because of how many times they got caught.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

While I think I understand the point you are trying to get across, I don't entirely agree with it. It's not accidental that Pacman gets caught, he causes the problem. I feel that he probably could've avoided some of his charges had he just been more cooperative, which is probably Pacman's biggest problem, his ego.

Short man's syndrome defined.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Steve McNair didn't have 10+ incidents & multiple suspensions in the space of two years. I never heard about Steve McNair's reluctance to chip in for the equipment managers and trainers Christmas gifts. I never heard about Steve McNair throwing a tantrum over a pair of socks. Just the very idea of drawing even a vague comparison to Mac9 is ridiculous. Steve McNair never punched out a chick... :suspect: of course that was because he never got caught. :grrhee:

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

My post was directed at the overall thread, not just you Alzarius. I agree with you for the most part. I guess I'm just a little sensitive to people talking badly about my favorite player (#9). What you said about him wasn't a slam, it was just a bad comparison in my opinion. I guess I would have rather you used Brad Hopkins, Steve Jackson, Cortland Finnegan, Coach Chuck Cecil, Samari Rolle, or Rob Reynolds. Guess I'm just sensitive. I also totally disagree with the DUI laws here in TN. But that's another day's topic.

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Bad bad bad bad. Bad.
    The concept of Goodell potentially being more damaging to the NFL than Pacman, truth, but that's because he's the friggin commissioner, son. Of course he has the potential to do more damage than a player that isn't even at the forefront of people's minds, unless it's to talk about run-ins with the law.
    Did Goodell side with the Patriots? Yes, he did. But let's put it this way, had the Patriots been given a stiffer sentence, it would have been incredibly damaging to the image of the league, and made the NFL a laughingstock. They're the golden boys of the league, and for them to be ruthlessly disciplined would highlight the truth; the 'best' team were a pack of cheaters.
    A punishment that doesn't suit the crime is something that happens all the time, and let's be frank, the whole thing is overblown. It really, really is. If people could just get over their hate of the Patriots, they'd realise that so much dirty underhanded stuff happens in this league... If say the Raiders had been doing the same thing, people wouldn't care as much. I realise it looks like I'm presenting double standards here, but when it comes to the good of the league publically, that's the way things work.

And to compare the Patriots to, let alone say they're worse than Pacman, is absolute crap. Utter, homerish, downright redneck crap. The man is a menace, for reasons beyond football. Reasons of, through his association and his pigheadedness, people are at actual physical risk. A saint, you say?
    So you think that cheating in football is worse than frequenting strip joints, striking anyone who messes with you and hanging with people who will produce pistols? Try and think about what you say, just a little. Just a teensy, little bit. Your argument is flawed right from the beginning with statements like 'talent should be rewarded'. I mean, honestly.

EDIT: I'd like to apologise to the topic creator for having gone so far off-topic and turned this into the same as any other Pac discussion.
    EDIT2: My gut's telling me I should tone down this post to avoid a lot of backlash. Ahh well... Might as well step on a couple toes sometimes.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Pacman summary-

Titans draft Pacman.

Pacman gets in trouble.
    Pacman gets in trouble.
    Pacman gets in trouble.
    Pacman gets in trouble.
    TOUCHDOWN!
    Pacman gets in trouble.
    Pacman gets in trouble.
    TOUCHDOWN!
    Pacman gets in trouble.
    Pacman gets in trouble.
    Pacman gets in big trouble.
    Pacman gets suspended.
    Pacman gets in trouble.
    Pacman gets in trouble.
    Pacman still suspended.

See any common elements?

9. alzarius

alzarius Guest

Personally, I think he is an idiot and not just for not staying away from trouble. He obviously has the mentality of a 14 year old who has listened too too much music and watched too many movies.

He's a lousy drunk.

10. alzarius

alzarius Guest

I can understand. McNair is my favorite player also. I loved what he did on the field and what he went through to help this team win.

Im not really trying to compare them, but I can use another example. Denard Walker got arrested for hitting his wife/girlfriend. This is the time that it got caught, but my guess is that if you can hit your girl once, you could do it again and may have done it in the past. Its just a matter of when the public eye gets ahold of it. If Pac had been smarter, it could have been 3 incidents, 4 incidents, or if he had a rational thought process, 1 incident.... Keep your dirt out of the public eye lol.

I have no love lost for Pac, but so many people display genuine hatred for the guy. Yes, he is an idiot and no one can disagree with that, but dont we have enough hatred going around everywhere without getting all bent out of shape over someone who is deliberately throwing his career away? (not to you, just to people in general)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar