Pacman to Meet with Goodell...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

from a source i hear its going to be 8 games definatly to a possible 1 year ban
    not including what the LVPD can do to him also.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I've heard from a source (Carl Banks- Sirius NFL) that it will have to be 2-4 games because the only violation of existing policy was a first offense of conduct detrimental.

Point is- there is speculation all over the place. The media is like a rabid dog to burn him for a year because everyone wants to clean up the "shield". Problem is- there is no precedent and the damages a one year suspension incur could be easily challenged legally. Goodell is in the middle on this- the public outcry for Pac's head, and the lack legitimate legal backing.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This makes sense to me. I could see Pacman out the first four games due to the two Georgia incidents. Depending on how events play out in May, there could be more. The Vegas situation could add even more depending on how that is resolved but I doubt Goodell will want to do anything until that is resolved.

What this could mean is that the Titans will go into the draft not knowing for sure just how much Jones will be suspended. If the Vegas thing runs on into a trial, any suspension associated with that could be in '08.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

my local barber has a friend who is a barber. Guess what he cuts Goodell's hair. Well he told him that he was gonna get these guys and straightened up this league. Look for a lifetime ban :ha:

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i love pacman..:yes:

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

It's sure to be at least 4 games - if nothing more than for violating league policy (failure to disclose)

he may never get a league suspension for events in Nevada or Georgia
    but doesn't mean that the team may not have punishment of there own

I think a good thing the Commish can due is slap Jones with a sizeable fine and a 4 game suspension ....... and threaten a 1year suspension for the next altercation and a lifetime ban for the next (essentially giving him the 3 strikes warning)

Manny had a good stance on punishing him retroactively and he might have some ground on that. But, the league can impose punishment for Failing to Disclose

The Union and Jones' attorneys are sure to fight any suspension of the entire season at this time ..... but if he makes it clear that those are the consequences for the next event and a lifetime ban for another then he'll have a better leg to stand on

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

In LaLaLand , if he is to serve time in Vegas, any suspension based on the Minxx events could run concurrently with his sentence
    hmmmm ?

8. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

My prediction is that the commish hands down a fairly hefty ruling...say 8 games with the knowledge that it will get appealed and fully willing to reduce in half.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The deal could be for every TD, pac man gets one free indescretion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar