Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Palmer Out!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dgup76, Nov 26, 2012.

?

What impact do you feel a change at OC will have on the Titans offense?

It will make them significantly better. 11 vote(s) 26.8%
They will be a little better. 23 vote(s) 56.1%
It will have no impact. 5 vote(s) 12.2%
They'll actually play worse. 2 vote(s) 4.9%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Moolah:
    $5,590
    That clown is next!!!
  2. SoCalTitan867 Special Teams Standout

George
    Moolah:
    $2,814
    I still think Munch and Gray are going to get til the end of the season.
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,044
    Palmer was the biggest reason we lost Sunday... defense actually looked good other than that one horrible blown coverage by Babs. 7 sacks... since Gray has moved upstairs he seems to be doing a lot better.

I'm not at all saying I want us to keep him, but he is showing improvement and willingness to try new things.
    ByeByeFisher and acqua7 high five this.
  4. dtm586 Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,076
    rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/249298/titans-fire-offensive-coordinator-palmer

5. ONUV Starter

Moolah:
    $36
    Season is over now
  6. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $588
    Sweet. Excited to see what Loggains can do.
  7. Dman5TX Starter

Moolah:
    $1,183
    Its about time!!!! Gray will stay until at least after the Houston game... the defense has been playing a little better as of late, but his leash is very short as well IMO
  8. Tennessy XO Part time love is the life 'round here

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,923
    Thaaaaannnnkkkkkk gawd
  9. Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans have fired offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and named quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains the team’s new offensive coordinator.

Coach Mike Munchak met with Palmer on Monday evening, when he informed him of the decision.

Munchak hired Palmer as his offensive coordinator prior to last season. The Titans are currently 24th in the NFL in total offense.

“I have a great deal of respect for Chris Palmer as a coach and that was the reason we brought him here. I appreciate the time and effort he put in here and I want to wish him and his family the best moving forward,’’ Munchak said in a statement.

“As an offense I didn’t feel like we were progressing the way that I had hoped. I believe we needed a change in direction and I hope to see that progress in our remaining games. Dowell has worked here for a number of years under some very successful coordinators and he is ready for this challenge.”

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  10. SlidePiece Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,709
    Finally! Thats a step in the right direction as long as Dowell isn't there next year. Although, I have a bad feeling he will.